CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CED Magic Holiday Item for 2017

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cedmagic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:06 pm    Post subject: CED Magic Holiday Item for 2017 Reply with quote

Taking this topic out of the announcement category.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
cedmagic
Post subject: CED Magic Holiday Item for 2017

Hello All:

I'm getting ready to mail these out, and at the same time I am doing an address verification. There is a stamped and pre-addressed postcard in each package that you must return to stay on the list. Please print your name in the box on the card and drop it in a mail box. Don't sign the card, as I might have difficulty reading the signature. The purpose of this address verification is to make it easy to opt out of the mailing. This is to avoid one possible scenario where a widow is getting this package addressed to her husband for years after he passed away.

Some have asked how this CED-branded holiday item came about and how people get on the mailing list. This started in 2003 when a light-up pen was mailed to everyone who had ever purchased the RCA VideoDisc Collector's Guide CD-ROM. Addresses were added to the list as orders came in, and were removed if a holiday package was returned as being undeliverable. The CD-ROM is no longer being sold, but I still add U.S. collectors to the list when they request the CD-ROM by SASE. Instructions for that are in the FAQ section of the Products Page:

http://www.cedmagic.com/home/products.html

Happy Holidays,

Tom Howe

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
SelectaVision420
Post subject:

awesome! i look forward to returning the post card!

TheIceberg
Post subject:

Thank you Tom Merry Christmas!

kitchensynch
Post subject:

I'm typing in the dark with it, not sure what to do with part of it...get yours in the mail and see what it is.

Thank you Tom Smile

CEDvince
Post subject:

Thank you Tom! I always look forward to your generous gift every year!!! Happy cycling and Merry Christmas!
2 - RCA SGT-200
2-RCA SJT-400

Glenn
Post subject: Hand Crank Charger

Thanks, Tom. This is really a interesting gift. Fun item. One of my USB lights had a poorly made metal head and would not fit into the crank outlet but the other light was fine. Thanks for everything this site provides.

kitchensynch
Post subject:

If you're careful you can fix that head, if it's the collar. The white block inside that orients it, I don't know.

If you stick then in the front USB ports on your computer they make a night light bright enough to work in the dark! They'll get slightly warm, not harmful, if your ports are stacked. I like to use them to leave the lights off and not disturb my cat who sleeps nearby.

kitchensynch
Post subject:

By the way, the crank charger is for charging your phone or other device that can charge via a USB port, not the lights.

Don't forget that USB 1 and 2 only insert one way and a cable with a regular male end and mini male on the other end is needed to charge your phone.

SelectaVision420
Post subject:

TOM! what a marvelous gift! your generosity is probably only shadowed by your genius! i genuinely hope i get to meet you in person one day Cool

kitchensynch
Post subject:

He's a true gem of Portland! I sure miss Tom Peterson's and Gloria's too though, and KPTV...only thing I miss about having cable TV.

And postcard SENT!

Samson
Post subject: Thanks Tom

THANK YOU so much Tom for the nice Christmas Gift again this year.
Please keep up the Great website, it's the best CED Info on the web.

I will send you the postcard back as instructed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: