CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New in Box Dimensia Components Available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cedmagic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject: New in Box Dimensia Components Available Reply with quote

Received this email from Jim and am passing it on the CED Forum. If you are interested, he is in Indianapolis and can be reached at this email address:

jim.mckalip@comcast.net

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Hi Tom,

Sorry for spamming both of your listed emails but time is short for this action I must take.

I have a new in the boxes RCA Dimensia system that I MUST dispose of quickly. My wife has declared that our guest bedroom is not a storage depot. She has given me a short period of time to find new homes for my stuff (a couple weeks). This equipment has been stored in the boxes in climate controlled conditions for the entire time I have had it. I bought the equipment new as an RCA employee in late 1985 or early 1986 (RCA was clearing out the warehouse which was not climate controlled).

The system consists of the following components:

1 Each MPT200 A/V Control Center/Preamplifier

1 Each MSP400 Surround Sound Processor

2 Each MPA120 Main Power Amplifiers

1 Each MSA100 Integrated Amplifier

4 Each SPK400T 12-Inch 3-Way Loudspeakers

All items are later black components except the MSA100 which is the original silver and black. The big advantage of this system over the original system is the MPT200 control center which controls the system without having an operating Dimensia CRT television. The amplifiers and control center were made by Hitachi for RCA. The surround sound processor was made by Matsushita (Panasonic) and the speakers were made by Onkyo. I had planned to use the MSP400 surround sound processor and one MPA120 for each pair of speakers and the MSA100 for center channel audio.

The SPK400T speakers are electrically the same as the SPK500T speakers however the cabinets are about a foot shorter since they lack the pedestal base. The T suffix on the model number means they are Tawny Oak with black faces and grills.

I want to sell the equipment cheaply and quickly or I will be donating it to charity. Unfortunately, I wasted valuable time holding it for an RCA audio group coworker who backed out. He was originally concerned about the suspension foam, so I opened one of the speaker boxes for inspection. The foam was perfect and photos of the speakers and other boxed equipment are available if desired.

If it is not something you want, I would appreciate it if you could inform anyone whom you think would want it about this sale.

Best Regards,

Jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: