CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hitachi VIP2000 Player. Need belts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sky7

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Hitachi VIP2000 Player. Need belts Reply with quote

Hello,

I have acquired a Hitachi VIP2000 CED player. Previous owner stated that when plugged in, nothing would happen (no appearance of the unit being powered on).

I have opened up the unit and found that both the carriage belt and the stylus belt have turned to black tar. I have removed and cleaned the spindles on both.

I now need to know where I can find new belts for this CED player. I will assume that some of the various VHS belt kits may also be compatible.

Also, does the unit not actually power itself on until a CED videodisc is inserted or should I see something on the unit light up to show that it is plugged in? Just trying to do some additional troubleshooting beyond having to replace the belts.

Thanks!
dumbchemist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to: http://www.cedmagic.com/home/products.html

for belts.

The Hitachi style players turn on when a CED caddy is inserted. Other than that, there is no outward sign that the AC is alive.
GEN10301
RCA SJT-200 SJT-400
DiskLord DP-830
Sky7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. Thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: