CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's a good price to pay for unopened CED?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eric420

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 12:44 am    Post subject: What's a good price to pay for unopened CED? Reply with quote

I was just wondering how much you guys would pay for unopened CeDs and how much is too much?
johngreve

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a sealed Silverado this morning for $9.99.
For me that'd be my upper limit unless we're talking a sealed Memories disc.😉
SGT250 Zenith VP2000
SJT200. 800+ discs
Eric420

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK thanks
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen a sealed Memories disc John, I think Derreck F. has it, might have been Howard H. they split a lot they picked up and it had 2 or 3 of them, one was sealed. When it comes to sealed discs, they really arn't worth much more than a non-sealed disc. Just because it is sealed does not mean it is guarenteed to play well. It could have been stacked or worse yet the disc could be cracked even. But I do pay a little more to have the caddy in good condition. I certainly don't hesitate to open a sealed disc.
johngreve

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's interesting that sealed Memories disc exist,I can't imagine being given one as an employee and not watching it. The more likely scenario I think would be some were never given out and remained sealed for that reason.
I remember reading a post somewhere where a guy had supposedly 6 or so of them in a lot of discs he acquired somewhere. Fact or fiction, I don't know.
I'm just glad to have found a disc this week....
SGT250 Zenith VP2000
SJT200. 800+ discs
dumbchemist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johngreve wrote:
It's interesting that sealed Memories disc exist,I can't imagine being given one as an employee and not watching it. The more likely scenario I think would be some were never given out and remained sealed for that reason.
I remember reading a post somewhere where a guy had supposedly 6 or so of them in a lot of discs he acquired somewhere. Fact or fiction, I don't know.
I'm just glad to have found a disc this week....

One unlikely source of sealed Memories discs is for 2 or more members of the same family working at the plant at the same time.

I would not pay any more that about $10 USD for a sealed CED. I know that those discs have been offered at higher prices; but, that is a waste of money (IMHO).
GEN10301
RCA SJT-200 SJT-400
DiskLord DP-830
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: