CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Two 400s in Michigan on ebay...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:26 am    Post subject: Two 400s in Michigan on ebay... Reply with quote

https://www.ebay.com/itm/193361365138

BIN of $200 AS IS
jsdspif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do you know about that? That place is about 5 minutes away from my house. I go by there all the time. Just a little bit further down the road is a mexican restaurant I like and there's a couple italian places just before it.
What intrigues me is the 400X. That's one I haven't heard of. I don't know how much ebay fees are and I already have so many players that need repair but the 400X part really is interesting. Has anyone here heard of a 400X?

I found it in the reference section. Kind of reminds me of the 425. I'm guessing it came alon between the 400's and the 425?

Last edited by jsdspif on Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:16 am; edited 1 time in total
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say an in town pickup is a food thing, especially at that price, and I still have a caddy jammed in my 200.
jsdspif

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

intown pickup is a Good thing. FTFY
I don't know. When I was buying them it got to the point I wasn't going to pay more than $50 (I think I told myself $50,it may have been $75) including the shipping. I bought a few for $10 or so, I ended up getting 2 or 3 free because they got damaged in shipping. I know I have 2 or 3 sjt400's and I think I have a skt400. I haven't counted them but I think I've got about 20 of them sitting around here. 200's 250's etc.,etc. I kind of went crazy (That's called obssesive/compulsive and I've got it in "spades") thinking I'd fix them and sell them...well I've only got one ready to sell and it still sits here waiting for me to make a styrofoam "nest" to package it in. And it's only been waiting a year or a year and a half now.
I was thinking if he got 200 for them after ebay and paypal takes their cut he'd see $150 or so ???? I entered 90210 to get a shipping quote (west coast) and it was $107 so I can't imagine he's going to get the $200 for them. I was thinking of stopping and talking to him and offer him a $100 for the pair and have the money in my hand.
Interesting story about that place. It was a party store and the guy that owned it opened up a reataurant that had closed and turned it into a bar. He got a guy to "manage" it and the manager came in one night with a huge bag of onions for onion rings and big bags of fries and some other appetizers and the owner went nuts "Our agreement was you buy all your supplies from me at my store (which I think isn't even legal to make that type of arrangement). After that the manager quit. So, a couple years or so later the place started dying and the guy "sold" it and the new owner was making payments to the guy ,who still was paying for the place and by then alot of nights I was the only guy there and it got so bad the new owner would be drinking quite heavily and would give me beer for free. I got a drunk driving and quit drinking and 3 weeks later the bar closed. Years later I found out the original owner wasn't making the payments ,he was just taking the new owners money, and then he flew the coop to Canada, taking a good portion of his girlfriends money with him. There's other horror stories for the guy also. Another guy told me "as someone to talk to he's a great guy,just don't do business with him". He owed that guy money too.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhhhhhh...I see what you mean Those places can be pretty sad. So you're saying you have a 'wheeler-dealer' type who is a bit of a cheat?

As for all of your players, I don't even have Paypal so I don't deal directly there. I just want to make one or two work and yet my kidneys are going and I start dialysis later this month. I guess I'll stop pointing them out for a while.
jsdspif

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not the game place guy,I don't know him. They've been there quite a while. The guy I was talking about owned the place when it was a party store. That was like back in 80's.
Sorry to hear about dialisys(SP?). I used to take my dad there 3 times a week. His kidneys went bad from takeing some kind of blood thinner drug. He got a call one day and it was some lawyer that wanted to know if he wanted to join some lawsuit but my dad wasn't the type to sue anyone and he said no way. Even a couple different doctors he saw were urging him to join it but he was always "nothing doing". He did it for about 3 or 4 years until he was 86,then he had a stroke and passed away. That was 13 years ago. I miss him a lot. We spent a lot of time together. I had my share of mess ups but he never kicked me to the curb.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all of the strange stuff these daze I felt I had to reschedule that appointment. I was ill for a few days as well but I'm sure it wasn't THAT. Mom just had the other knee fixed on top of that a few days back and that left me feeling like I just had to trust. I think she's going to be okay, at least she can walk better and is in better shape an ME.

I'm hoping that I can ride my bikes for the summer, that's about it. My 1954 Schwinn Hornet 'Darla' came back from repairs and I have an early 80s Schwinn Cruiser I fixed up like a motorcycle which I named Molly after the girl in the Richard Thompson song 1952 Black Vincent (about an Irish robber who promises the girl his Vincent to ride should he die, which he does after being shot robbing a bank). If you ever see one you will understand, in fact Jay Leno's Garage does a piece on an earlier Vincent and it's a magnificent beast.

Computers are a pain right now, sorry Tom. Laughing At least I found the charger cable for the LED light you sent and that is very good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: