CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What did you bring home today?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmbjunky

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was no chance of damage. Lol.

I think I could have fit in the box and it was filled with styrofoam peanuts and the player was wrapped many times with bubble wrap.

Like I said I'll do better next time. Dad recommended uship. Have you ever used them?
RCA MTR-225
A lot of discs
...and growing
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard of them. I've had bikes shipped to me with the help of BikeFlights. Really ended up being FedEx.
dmbjunky

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[url=https://imgbb.com/][/url]

There was a listing on ebay selling 10 sealed discs for $35 shipped. I thought it was interesting and got to looking at the seller. He was located in Indy and had three other auctions that had more sealed discs.

I messaged him, asking if he had more and was willing to do a package deal. He said sure. He had about 250 to 300 discs. I offered a dollar a disc and he took it. He was having trouble getting me a total number and so I offered a flat price. He texted back that he had 320 discs about 70 sealed and he would take $250.

I said I would take it and caught a ride with my parents who had a doctors appointment yesterday. After inspecting them I think I made out pretty good. I got some favorites like Teen Wolf, Pee Wee Herman, Terminator, Karate Kid, and Witness(really happy to find this one). When I got home I counted 354 total with 91 sealed. There were no demo discs or super rare ones.

On the way home I was going through the discs showing my parents the covers. They started thinking they wanted to buy a player and some discs to display because the covers look so awesome.

I'll try to get more pics of the rarer sealed ones. Anybody else pick up any discs, players, RCA stuff?
RCA MTR-225
A lot of discs
...and growing
johngreve

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a nice eBay purchase last week.
There was a SKT 400 w/remote and about 120 individual titles for $400. The individual titles were all still shrinkwrapped with a few exceptions.
It's a rather interesting story.....a former GE engineer (who is now 95 years old)was given this stuff to evaluate back in the day right after GE acquired RCA back in 1986 or so. Now his family is selling it off for him.
I guess the guy wasn't really into it as he only watched a few of the titles through the years and the rest sat in storage.
The player was tested and working and they just replaced the belt which as we all know had turned to goo. I'll bet this player has less than 20 hours on it.Certainly less than 100.
I am really stoked to get all of these wrapped titles yet....in the list of titles are some interactive discs like The Life of Michelangelo, Space Shuttle, and two others. The beauty of this for me was that I have very few of these discs already so I'll not end up with a ton of duplicates.
There was also a couple of service manuals....one was a SJT 400 service manual/workbook which I thought would be really handy to have. I have not seen that before but wonder if it was something given to RCA service techs in a training class that they offered back then.
Shipping was a killer though as this stuff is in Oregon and I am in Wisconsin. Oh well, can't take it with you....
The stuff is still enroute...I am so excited, can't wait to get this package.
It's like waiting for Christmas....
SGT250 Zenith VP2000
SJT200. 800+ discs
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know is that I went to the grocery store yesterday and actually brought home some of the bacon. OT but Oscar Meyer Smile
Eric420

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just picked up 500 CED and 2 players, I'm so happy right now! Some still in package and even got heman master of the universe.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on!

You are now DEEP into it Smile Congratulations!
dmbjunky

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you pick that up, CL or ebay? Do the players work?

That's a pretty big load. I'm still trying to clean and organize my 350 discs I bought a couple of weeks ago. I found a steel shelf at my parents I'm going to clean up this weekend.
RCA MTR-225
A lot of discs
...and growing
Eric420

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually found it on Kijiji and one works perfect the other I don't know, and thanks I'm loveing collecting them.
dmbjunky

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last week I decided I was going to a pinball show in Allentown, PA so I decided I would post on the buy/sell thread on Pinside that I'm looking for CEDs. I got a PM back from a guy in PA. He wanted to sell me all he had plus a player. They used to rent them and they had sat in the basement for thirty years. He wasn't sure what they were worth or how many there were so he went to get pics.
He messaged back saying his workers had just tossed them all in a dumpster. He had mentioned it to them but didn't expect them to do it so fast.

I couldn't believe it and asked if he could put a tarp on it because this was Mon. and I wasn't coming to PA till Sat. He said he would.

I looked at that pic and got a little worried that the water would pool in the middle. It did but we were able to work around it.
Now I didn't realize how many discs there were from the pic. I rented a new Dodge Dart for the trip and hoped to pile them in the front and back. It took a couple of hours but I got maybe half of what was there.

The seller was very nice. It was his 25th wedding anniversary but he stayed and helped get them out of the dumpster. He said these movies were his childhood and I think he liked looking at the covers. He ended up giving me everything for free but I gave him a twenty for the tarp which tore a little on the edges from the weight of the water.

The car was hunkered down but still drove just fine even with all that weight. I got them home and stacked them on the floor. There were 960 total!
Before I left I asked if he had any service manuals. He said he might, he would have to look. Then he said maybe I would want the twirlys in the old shed. Oh boy. I got excited then. We went and looked and he has three big spinning CED displays. Each one has a sign on the top and would hold around 60 discs. The sign read, "Bring Home The Magic. RCA Selectavision Videodiscs. The Records That Play Movies." Inside one display was the triangle display from the consumer shows. I told him I would buy those from him on my next trip. I forgot to take a pic though.
All in all it was a good deal. The discs are a little rough especially the spines but you can't beat the price. The player was a SJT-400 but it has a little corrosion around the connectors in the back which worries me. But the displays are something I would never find anywhere so really happy about those. I may try to go around memorial day to give an extra day for driving. That was 1800 miles in 29 hours over 49 hours (I left Fri. at 2pm, got back Sun. at 3pm). A long sleep was required afterwards.
RCA MTR-225
A lot of discs
...and growing
dumbchemist

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A year ago last October, I went to a nearby town and picked up a collection of about 200 used and new CED's from a school teacher. He also included an SJT-400 player. Total cost: $0.00. My only cost was the gas for the car. Not a bad haul.

Here are a few that I received:
3 used and 1 new $19.98 The CED Preview Videodisc (VR)
3 used and 1 new The Empire Strikes Back (C)
1 used and 1 new The Sacred Music of Duke Ellington (U)

I also received a CED that is not in the CEDMagic inventory:

Bring the Magic Home, RCA Videodiscs

I have no idea as to its rarity. It was intended to be used by dealers as it is labeled:

Not for Sale,
Demo Disc
Promotional Use Only

Does anyone else have another copy of this one?
GEN10301
RCA SJT-200 SJT-400
DiskLord DP-830

Last edited by dumbchemist on Mon May 08, 2017 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
dmbjunky

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Tom know about it? Maybe it just has a different label from another CED.
RCA MTR-225
A lot of discs
...and growing
dumbchemist

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmbjunky wrote:
Does Tom know about it? Maybe it just has a different label from another CED.

I don't know. The disc has excerpts from 27 movies and was meant for dealers. The disc itself is in fair to good condition. The label is worn in a few places on the spine.
GEN10301
RCA SJT-200 SJT-400
DiskLord DP-830
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures, please! By the way, dmbjunky, please email me if you have spares you'd like to sell or trade. I like to find music related discs and the occasional feature. I probably have a list somewhere, things haven't changed a lot but I've sent off a few dozen.
dmbjunky

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@kitchensynch
There were a lot of music discs but I only had a few so I'm not sure how many extras there will be.

I tried to only take home what I didn't have because I knew space was limited so while I'm sure I have a few duplicates I tried to limit them. I will remember your request though.

I need to make a duplicate and partial set trade list. Is your list in the trade thread?
RCA MTR-225
A lot of discs
...and growing
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I sold that lot, it was on page 2 (there are only two pages even though there are a lot more lists of FS discs outside that thread).

If you have a want list of your own, sent it to me first and then post it here, I'll have to inventory mine as well (not a huge lot anymore, I never got a big collection of hundreds or the Matchbox case for the set).

I have a couple shelves of them at just under three feet wide per shelf, I suppose that makes me incurable Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: