CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who bought the New with box SJT-300 on ebay?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmbjunky

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Who bought the New with box SJT-300 on ebay? Reply with quote

I had just put a bid on it when the seller stopped the auction. When I contacted him on ebay, he said someone offered him $400 for it. I don't blame the buyer. If I would have thought of making him an offer, I would have. I kind of thought it was tough to stop an auction once it had bids.

Did anybody on here get it?
dmbjunky

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://m.ebay.com/itm/RCA-Selectavision-Model-SJT-300-CED-Player-Videodisc-Unused-Original-Packaging-/252727457788?nav=WATCHING_ACTIVE
jsdspif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed there was one bid on it and I put it in my watch list. I had pretty much made up my mind I wanted it. Then I checked on it today and it says ended by seller no longer available. Maybe he sold it locally. I hope he got some good cash for it because I was prepared to pay for it.
jsdspif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

didn't read your first post well enough. I wouldn't have gone to 400. I think I would have went 250 or maybe a little more. Sometimes descriptions will say reserve the right to sell locally or auctions will end early and say something like item wasn't described properly. I wonder if he's received payment for it yet. If it's like selling on craigslist, people contact you "I've got cash in my pocket I'll be there in 20 minutes" then a week later you hear from them after they never showed up "Oh will you take half that amount". The guy could just relist it with a $400 dollar reserve and hope to get more than that but I understand his view if he's thinking of the fees he'll be charged for the auction and receiving the paypal money.
dmbjunky

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$250 was what I was thinking but I may have taken a notion to go higher.

Totally understand the way CL is. I collect pinball machines as well and a lot of times if a seller is too low someone will offer more to get their foot in the door. Then when the buyer comes to look at it they'll pick apart the flaws till they get the price back down. If the seller waivers, the buyer will then say they are right there with cash in hand.

I find it amusing the games people will play.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a bid in, all other offers on other sites should be closed. UNLESS I suppose it's marked that way.

Buy It Now or bid cancels the BIN as soon as a bid is placed. It seems likely you'd have to ask the bidder to withdraw first, as they have the right to continue.

What I think you described is that the seller decided it wasn't as they advertised it anymore and pulled it on that reasoning. IF they said they sold it when they had a bid, I would ask eBay what the deal is. While you have the right to list anywhere you like simultaneously, a bid should be honored or they need to ask your permission for you to drop your bid. A bid is a binding start to complete a contract and it must be honored and dealt with correctly.

Not sure I'd deal with a person who did that. If you had a bid and were not dealt with properly I would get ahold of eBay immediately and make a complaint.
dmbjunky

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's true I could probably cause a stink about it and get some punishment from ebay towards the seller but I guess I'm too forgiving. I'm sure the seller didn't know what he had.

While I understand why he ended the auction, I would probably never do that. I don't even contact sellers to sell their items to me in person if said item has a bid on it. That's why I was surprised he sold it outside the auction when it had six bids from four different people.

Oh well. I'm sure I'll find another someday.
dmbjunky

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be clear, I don't blame the buyer either. If he's on this forum, he should speak up and share his joy with us. It was a good find.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they didn't arrange with the other bidders or pulled it fraudulently and sold it from under them it's in violation.

If they made it clear that it bidding outside the auction could end the auction...I personally do not like it. Smells.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: