CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CED stylus cartridge availability.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CEDatum

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: CED stylus cartridge availability. Reply with quote

CEDatum has recently received messages concerning the availability of stylus cartridges. CEDatum still has a limited quantity of cartridges in stock.
We offer several services for used and non-working cartridges including cleaning and adjustment, repair and rebuilding . In a rebuild, a new diamond tip is installed. We also offer a FREE cartridge inspection, performance check and report. Of the cartridges we have received from you, 42% needed only a tip cleaning and/or adjustment, 38% a repair and 20% a rebuild.
We believe interest in CED has many years to go.[
jsdspif

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to hear that. I have 4 I need to send to you. . 2 are working but I'd like to know condition and I believe the other 2 are not working. Can't actually remember the status of those 2. Anyway, I've got to get them boxed and sent out.
Is there any possibility of you posting any video/photos of the cartridge repair/rebuild process? I'd like to know how the heck it's done.
Not related to CED but another process is the rebuilding of rubber pinch rollers. I think there is only one guy in the united states doing that type of work. I guess that's kind of like CEDatum?? I don't know of anyone else rebuilding/repairing cartridges.
NorCalRailRoader

Location: Redwood Valley, CA (Mendocino County, rural Northwestern California)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: CED stylus cartridge availability. Reply with quote

CEDatum wrote:
CEDatum has recently received messages concerning the availability of stylus cartridges. CEDatum still has a limited quantity of cartridges in stock.
We offer several services for used and non-working cartridges including cleaning and adjustment, repair and rebuilding . In a rebuild, a new diamond tip is installed. We also offer a FREE cartridge inspection, performance check and report. Of the cartridges we have received from you, 42% needed only a tip cleaning and/or adjustment, 38% a repair and 20% a rebuild.
We believe interest in CED has many years to go.[

Thank you so much for your awesome service, we're really indebted to you guys! I have a new cartridge coming from you tomorrow for my SJT 400, I'm Mike Cook, socalrailroader@gmail.com.

Guys, they have new OEM belts, ic's and other goodies, make sure and support them!
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a for sure broken cartridge (from my 400 i got from you guys a few years ago), and a few id like inspected/ cleaned but i have been waiting a long time to send them in because i hear you have a long list of them to deal with still

1. is that true
2. should i wait to send mine in
3. if not can i send them and expect them back in a fair amount of time?

i have about 4 stylus' i need checked and one surely repaired and i dont wana be a jerk and send a bunch at once and flood your work load.

also did i hear right that the hitachi stylus' arent being repaired any more?
dumbchemist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering if you still clean and grade the Hitachi cartridges? I have 5 of them that I have no idea what their condition is. I have a 6'th one; but, you have cleaned and graded it in the past..
GEN10301
RCA SJT-200 SJT-400
DiskLord DP-830
Daxi Don

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: CED stylus cartridge CEDatum update. Reply with quote

We receive a lot of stylus work in Sept, Oct and Nov each year. I am glad to report that we have caught up with this work. We have made improvements to the stylus repair and rebuild process . So if you need stylus testing or stylus work you can contact us now.

Hitachi - parts are no longer available for Hitachi stylus repairs and rebuilds. We will still evaluate and clean Hitachi stylus and send you a report.

CEDatum associates.
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: CED stylus cartridge CEDatum update. Reply with quote

Daxi Don wrote:
We receive a lot of stylus work in Sept, Oct and Nov each year. I am glad to report that we have caught up with this work. We have made improvements to the stylus repair and rebuild process . So if you need stylus testing or stylus work you can contact us now.

Hitachi - parts are no longer available for Hitachi stylus repairs and rebuilds. We will still evaluate and clean Hitachi stylus and send you a report.

CEDatum associates.

thank ya sir! good to hear!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: