CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm not sure if others were looking for The Compleat Beatles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:46 am    Post subject: I'm not sure if others were looking for The Compleat Beatles Reply with quote

But in case you were...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222323042205

About $8 and says $4 shipping.
dmbjunky

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this or the VHS worth more than normal? I was at a flea market the other and they had the VHS in a neat cardboard case. It was a hundred bucks which I thought was crazy.
RCA MTR-225
A lot of discs
...and growing
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my copy from Beetlescott I believe it was from off this site with several other titles, some sealed and I guarantee it didn't cost me $100.
jeff7624

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually just got a copy myself, haven't even watched it yet. My parents were on vacation and saw it in a used bookstore. My dad said the owner just gave it to him since she had no idea what it was!
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a popular documentary from the early 80s, I'm sure they waited until stereo audio was starting to emerge on players and cable TV.

Oddly enough, it's the incidental music for some TV shows that were in mono that I like to find examples of the stereo masters for, especially game shows. The music of Score Productions and similar producers (The Price Is Right etc) and especially the works of Edd Kalehoff, one of the most prolific writers I know of in his genre. The music of game shows has that certain high quality and playfulness along with great synthesizer and conventional instrumentation when you get to the seventies.

Match Game, Tattletales and the syndicated The Joker's Wild had some of my favorite music as well as the original Wheel Of Fortune theme, which I believe may have been a Boyce and Hart composition.

But everyone loves the Match Game theme, even if they don't like the host for being a _____ old man Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: