CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OT: What are we all doing lately (as things are slow)?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:16 pm    Post subject: OT: What are we all doing lately (as things are slow)? Reply with quote

I'm cleaning the house and getting clutter in order, fixing things as I move along, working on my bikes and computers. Sounds easy but I have been way too good at acquiring stuff. The sheer amount of cassettes, records, 8 tracks, reels and various other audio and video stuff I've amassed in 37 years is loopy. Somehow it hasn't escaped my little house. My landlord replaced most of the windows with nice vinyl windows and remodeled the exterior with new siding and paint, so I'm finishing the interior paint and cleaning the carpets.

My latest bike is close to being done, my oldest is still in the shop and the darkness comes in at 7 pm which means I don't ride much at night, not because I don't have lights (I have many) but because I am not abandoning shorts yet... Razz

I took up raising a crop of sticker weeds this summer as they are a no-water crop Rolling Eyes

I've been worried about my sick cat for a while, that seems to take a lot of my mind lately. Sad

Fall is still thinking it's late spring...some rain.
jsdspif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got 2 players (can't remember models now , both the same) and a 3rd beltdrive one torn apart. the 2 have the soft touch controls I sent one panel to cedatum for them to install real switches and then I did the second panel myself. I'm very tempted to just have them do it in the future. I'm pretty shaky and soldering is a pia for me. I just hate paying the shipping there and back. No fault of cedatum for that and their price I think was $28 which I believe is more than fair. I have to now send the cartridges to cedatum 1 doesn't work at all, one works but not very good, and the other works pretty good so I just want it cleaned and an idea of how good it looks . I lightly cleaned it. All that was on it was a tiny strand of fuzz. To me it looks like maybe it was never used? I plan on selling all 3 of these units so even though that cartridge looks good I'd like an official report on it. My backs been sore so I keep looking for lower back pain relief on the internet. I have an interferential device I'm going to try tonight. It sends electrical impulses into the tissue at the painful area and is suppose to help alleviate some of the pain.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds bad, maybe you should keep one of the players if you possibly can as it sounds like you will be in bed or a position to just watch movies for a while anyhow. Sad

My cat turned out to have a respiratory infection and when they cannot smell they don't know whether their food is good or not and they quit eating as a result. She has recovered though and is back to her normal being finicky so at least that is good?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: