CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Snowy picture...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
briandamage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:46 pm    Post subject: Snowy picture... Reply with quote

My Zenith VP2000 just began showing a lot of static fuzz in the image -- most noticeable on a dark screen -- with the last few movies I watched. Is this a symptom of a worn stylus, or should I look elsewhere first (dirty discs, stylus sweep, connections etc.). It's easier to swap out the stylus than to troubleshoot, but I don't want to open & install a spare stylus if this isn't what a worn one looks like. I don't think this unit has more than around 250 hours of play.

Thanks,
Brian.
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you have a known good spare stylus, it is a easy check to do first Wink
jsdspif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would definitely start by looking at the stylus. I wouldn't be surprised if it is a little bit dirty and that's causing the problem.
jsdspif

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just thought of something else. How is it connected to the tv? I think at times the switch on the unit to set it for output to channel 3 or 4 can create problems when it gets dirty. Sometimes just switching it back and forth a few times clears that up or opening the unit and then that portion of the tv modulator (or whatever, I believe that's in it's own little metal box inside the unit) and squirting a little tuner cleaner into the switch is probably the best means of clearing up that type of issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: