CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

pushnuts on back of front panels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsdspif

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:40 am    Post subject: pushnuts on back of front panels Reply with quote

Does anyone know where I can buy the pushnuts (or whatever they are) I seem to think they are more like a certain type of palnut , there are 3 of them on the back of front panels on models with the soft touch controls. They hold the soft touch control portion of the front panel to the front panel. I hope that makes sense. I'm hoping someone from cedatum will reply. I didn't want to email them if I don't have to. Last I knew they were swamped with work so I'm trying my luck here.
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that sounds like something fastenal.com might have
Daxi Don

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:55 am    Post subject: Push Nuts Reply with quote

RCA refers to these as ; Nut Push. They have an RCA part number but we don't believe they were ever stocked as a part. Servicers were encouraged to order a new replacement front panel.
The NUT PUSH came as two designs, A thin metal 6 sided nut that can easily be removed with pliers and reused, And a button shape with a hole in the center - not easy to remove.
jsdspif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine are 6 sided and I think they will "screw" on, but when I tried to remove them they wouldn't "screw" off. I had to grind a little cut in them with a carbide burr to somewhat "split" them to remove them. Thus making them not usable. I do think new ones would screw onto the post. I have a hardware near by that has the largest assortment of odds and ends that I am going to check. I've done endless searching on the 'net but haven't found what I need.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: