CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When did yoyu join?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:54 pm    Post subject: When did yoyu join? Reply with quote

I'm curious. When I joined CEDmagic in early 2010, it was a ghost town. Jessie Skeen and Dean Jeep were the only active folks here. Then tons of people started joining. It does seem that it is quiet in here like back then. I believe a lot of it has to do with CED Facebook. Although, I must admit, this place is kind of special!!!!
So getting to my question, When did you become an active member in here?
I started in Summer of 2010.
SKT-100
CEDvince

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I joined in 2013, right after I bought my first CED player, my Zenith VP2000. It had a bad function belt and I needed to know how to fix it!
2 - RCA SGT-200
2-RCA SJT-400
Husker Du

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I joined in 2011 when I became interested in CED again. I believe I was the only Canadian on the site at the time. I first started to check out the website back in the late 90’s. Even though I don’t collect CED’s anymore I still visit this forum & the Facebook regularly. Once you get into CED you can never truly leave. Scott you were the first one to welcome me here.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

February 24, 2013.
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look to the left it tells when the member joined. I also joined shortly after I got my first big score. Needed help fixing a player. So glad I found this hobby. There are so many great people in here. Thanks everyone for being awesome!
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ketonic_dude wrote:
If you look to the left it tells when the member joined. I also joined shortly after I got my first big score. Needed help fixing a player. So glad I found this hobby. There are so many great people in here. Thanks everyone for being awesome!

Duh, If I had of opened my eyes I could have seen that! Maybe I should have asked everyone to tell us how you became addicted to this format? Mine was purely nostalgia. I saw a CED player on Ebay, and, after 25 years, I felt the CED fire stir in me!
So mine was nostalgia, what was your draw into the CED world?
SKT-100
Husker Du

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The artwork was what grabbed me. I liked that some of the CED covers were unique to the format (Citizen Kane or Enter the Dragon). Film buff friends of mine that were unaware of the format also loved the packaging.
johngreve

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joined in May of 04
SGT250 Zenith VP2000
SJT200. 800+ discs
Area Man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In January 2013, when I bought a Sanyo CED player off CraigsList here in Vancouver, BC.

I was actually looking for Beta VCR's out of curiosity to see what people were asking for them, and came across the CED player (I knew what one was already). I called RIGHT AWAY and drove an hour and 15 minutes each way after work that night to pick it up.

Lived in a fourth floor walk-up apartment (no elevator) at the time so I definitely took stuff up in batches - there was no way I could haul all the discs (about 50) up with the player at once. All worth it though when my partner came home and saw I was watching Star Trek: The Movie and then got closer and said, "IS THAT A CED PLAYER?!" Laughing
dmbjunky

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They really are heavy aren't they?

I bought sixty discs awhile back and put them in a tote in the sellers house. I had to walk at least 15 yards back to car. The seller offered help and I said no I could handle it. Yeesh.
RCA MTR-225
A lot of discs
...and growing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: