CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hitachi drive problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barry Webb

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:05 am    Post subject: Hitachi drive problem Reply with quote

Hello I have just received and fitted a new set of belts to my VIP 202p player and have a problem with the disc eject the disc goes in ok and plays but when you press the reset the disc only starts to come up a little why I have tried taking the weight off the drive by lifting the disc and it works fine it just cant take the weight of the disc is there any adjustment on this or could it be the belt is wrong.
Barry.
Barry Webb

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi sorted it was the new belt I looked at one I did last year and the belt sent this time is twice as thick putting to much load on the motor.
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a pretty common problem on the Hitachi style machines. I am actually having the same problem with one of mine. The most common problem that causes this is the little tooth clamp that holds the rod for the pully wheel will crack or even break off. I had never heard of too thick of a belt. I might have to try that on mine. Where did you get the thinner belt from?
Barry Webb

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I got the first belts from Tom and they were a lot smaller than the set he just sent me . I think the new belts were to tight and put to much load on the motor when lifting up the carriage and disc as I say the first set of belts I had over a year age were much thinner so less load.
Barry
cedwaechter

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on if the Hitachi model is a later model or an earlier one. The belt size on the older models each take a different size. The later models take 2 belts that are the same size. Later models are a lot lighter than earlier ones and the platter mechanism is different. See if this works or helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: