CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forum vs. Facebook

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which do you like using better?
Forum
75%
 75%  [ 12 ]
Facebook
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 16

ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:13 am    Post subject: Forum vs. Facebook Reply with quote

1,209 registered users on the forum
1,018 members on the facebook page

It's slowly catching up. Where are you all from and who is not on the facebook page?

ketonic_dude - Mankato, MN
dumbchemist

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no use for facebook and have never and will never use it. To me, it is no more than a BBS that everyone can see which does not interest me. I prefer to talk to people with the same interests on a forum like CEDforum.

The other thing about facebook is that it is too much a security risk to use IMHO.

I am located in upstate New York (not New York City). Many years ago there was talk up here about making "The City" the 51'st state. Wouldn't that be a hoot?

(Definition: Upstate New York. Any area of New York state not within the limits of New York City)
GEN10301
RCA SJT-200 SJT-400
DiskLord DP-830
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

even though the forums dont always treat me nice ( glitches ) i prefer the forums. i think if cedmagic had an off topic section, we'd be chatting on the forums more than facebook. posts and stuff are a lot easier to find on here than on facebook. especially since there are 3 various ced facebook pages.
Jesse Skeen

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of people are on Facebook, but only the real enthusiasts are HERE! Besides, most of my CED stuff is older than Mark Zuckerberg!
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Facebook is E-VIL....ahh ha haha hah haaaaaa

I stay out of spooky places and let Fred, Daphne, Velma, Shaggy and Scooby do the searching.
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I"m from the great state of Kentucky in Louisville. I voted Facebook, but I am like Tony, if there was a way to chat in here, I would rather be here. I don'mind being on 2 sites, I have met some great people on the FB side, (and a couple of idiots) I really like Tom, and everyone here, this is where we met. There is a great deal of important info here too.. I wish I could change my vote. Smile
SKT-100
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dumbchemist wrote:
I have no use for facebook and have never and will never use it. To me, it is no more than a BBS that everyone can see which does not interest me. I prefer to talk to people with the same interests on a forum like CEDforum.

The other thing about facebook is that it is too much a security risk to use IMHO.

I am located in upstate New York (not New York City). Many years ago there was talk up here about making "The City" the 51'st state. Wouldn't that be a hoot?

(Definition: Upstate New York. Any area of New York state not within the limits of New York City)

But all the folks in Binghamton would be thrilled to be residents of the capital of the New New York Territory, like the fur trappers were back.

A lot of people are finally grasping that the City is not the entire state, but in a sad way, when the big fires in Alberta, Canada are described as being 10 times the size of New York City and then they have to find a map.
Dude111

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dumbchemist wrote:
I have no use for facebook and have never and will never use it.

I do the best I can staying away from that intrusive/info collecting website!!!!!!

Facebook is horrible.......
jsdspif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just not a fan of facebook either. I signed up just to contact a couple childhood friends but I really like this forum.
dmbjunky

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 33 and have a dummy facebook account to check out a couple vendors who post pics on there like coinopwarehouse. Never had a proper account on there though. I was out of the loop when it became popular.

Some of you should check out pinside.com to see an awesome hobbyist site and forum. Many features on that site including listing what you own, wishlist, and keeping track of your favorite members. I know this hobby is too small to have a site host all of those features because that costs money but it's something to strive for.
CEDvince

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone knows me, I'm Vinnie and I live in Parma, Ohio.

I voted the Facebook page simply because it has a chat feature that I can chat with fellow enthusiasts that I know from the Facebook groups. However, if CEDmagic had a chat function or an IRC chatroom, I'd be more interested in that.
2 - RCA SGT-200
2-RCA SJT-400
dumbchemist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To quote my Security+ training manual:

"The only safe network is one NOT connected to the Internet."

(If Yahoo can be hacked, who is to say that Facebook is not next.)
GEN10301
RCA SJT-200 SJT-400
DiskLord DP-830
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the difference is that Facebook didn't bleed IT talent like it needed a tourniquet.
NorCalRailRoader

Location: Redwood Valley, CA (Mendocino County, rural Northwestern California)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on Facebook and this forum. I'm 45 and from Redwood Valley, CA, it's up here in rural Mendocino County in beautiful Northwestern California, Redwood Valley is halfway between Ukiah and Willits, and 120 miles northwest of San Francisco. However, I was born and raised in SoCal, and also lived in Pocatello in Southeastern Idaho for 7 years.

http://www.visitmendocino.com

Facebook, well, it has it's good and bad points, but I have to say I would not have been able to reconnect with the amount of friends from grade school, junior high, high school and college that I've been able to on Facebook, nor made the international friends I have now, it's simple indispensable in those regards.
bradn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just signed up for the forum within the past few weeks. I didn't know there was a facebook page. I've seen this asked in other forums I'm a part of though. To me, a forum is much better for finding information that was discussed in the past. If you remember a specific detail shared on facebook a year or more ago, but can't remember when it was or who said it, it's almost impossible to find it again.

I currently live in Logan, Utah.
jmbrinck

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:19 am    Post subject: SFT/SGT100 Top only--free for shipping US only Reply with quote

Hello, I have a top for the SFT/SGT 100 that needs a good home. (Sorry but I still cannot tell the SGT from the SFT 100). It's in nice clean condition with normal wear and tear.

The top is fairly light but will require a sizable box, so consider ship cost if you want it. It will be shipped from the SF Bay area in CA.

I have photos but am not sure how to post them here.
eno

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eno-Blaine,MN
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: