CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Keeping the Dream Alive!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:06 am    Post subject: Keeping the Dream Alive! Reply with quote

Figured I'd better keep up the posting here. Not many other souls around here and I'm bored at work so why not. So in the process of downsizing my collection I have many questions to ask myself and I wonder if you all have the same questions.

There are titles in my collection of movies that I don't care to see really but the disc is in such magnificent shape I hate to get rid of it and think, hey maybe I'll watch it someday. Anyone else do this?

I have also found when it comes to titles that were released in stereo I will just keep the stereo one, but if it's a stereo title that was released in both blue and white caddies, I tend to keep the white caddy. Not sure why, I just think the cover art pops more on the white caddies. Except for ROTJ of course cause the blue caddy has to match A New Hope and Empire Stikes Back blue caddies, etc.

Also what James Bond films do I keep? Do I keep the CBS/FOX releases or the RCA releases? Some of them only got a fox release but the cover art on the RCA releases looks amazing, and Goldfinger only got a RCA release. Such a tough call. So far I have just decided to keep all the bond films but it really does against my downsize keeping multiple copies of the same movie. What do y'all keep for Bond films?

I am also starting to wonder what is the best way to sort and display my collection. I have 2 shelves, an 8 cube Ikea Expedit, and the bluish green dealer display shelf I built. I am thinking with all the vestron rainbow titles I have decided to keep maybe I will do like Tony and sort by studio. It makes everything look nice and neat and it's easy to find stuff, just have to know what studio released it.

Plus if I sort by studio then I have all my horror titles mixed in with everything else. Plus what titles do I store on the dealer shelf then?

So many decision. I can't wait to have it all sorted and done and all my discs in one room again. Thanks everyone.
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is why i have a hard time with my collection, im happy with the lot i've got, but i cant help but wonder when ill get around to some of these movies... i have all the bonds, and i dont even like them all, but to satisfy my ocd i have to have all of them. i've probably only watched %15 of my collection i think...
i think when it comes to downsizing for me, i ask myself if ill regret divorcing an item from my collection, and sometimes i think ill regret it, and then i forget and move on. some discs ill never watch but i just wont get rid of. like story of o ( unless a good trade comes up )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: