CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mailing discs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsdspif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:28 am    Post subject: mailing discs Reply with quote

How do folks here mail discs? I got one/some in an unused pizza box that seemed like a good idea. I have some cardboard LP record mailers but they really aren't big enough. The pizza box seemed as though they were pretty well protected. I think there was one sheet of small bubble bubble wrap in there but I think that was more for take up the slop type of thing. I just bought a fairly good collection, probably about 500 discs. A lady owned them and passed away. Alot our former rentals and they have an odor to them. I haven't put one in a player but I thought when I sold them I would first visually inspect them by loading them into a manual player with the lid off and then playing portions of both sides(if it looks ok), and if that goes well ship it out. It seems as though media mail is the cheapest and I was going to go that route. First I have to get them out of the van and into the house and then make a list of all I got. They did say they were all on shelves like that (pointing to a pile standing vertically so you could read the labels) and she watched them until the player broke but couldn't find anyone to repair the player. I got the player also (non working), and it was also a rental. It looks like maybe she went to rental places when they were selling out. So far after going thru about 200 of them I think I've probably ran across 5 or 6 different rental names on various discs.
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a video recently with the method I use. Works pretty good for a single disc or two. Pizza boxes are good for a few more discs. If you've got more than that they need to be bubble wrapped in groups of 5 or 6 discs then all the groups bubble wrapped together. That method seems to work the best.

https://youtu.be/6INFecHs6fI
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I have multiples, I wrap them up in plastic and tape them p sideway and top to bottom. Then pad the the box really good. and away they go!!!!
SKT-100
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: