CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Troubles with SGT-090: Reincarnated SJT-400!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Videodiscer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject: Troubles with SGT-090: Reincarnated SJT-400! Reply with quote

Yes, it is me...the one with the broken SGT-090 player who has failed to present a solid case/description of his player's problem so a techie can help me fix it (look up "videodiscer" so you have a fresh idea of my plight). That said, I have moved on (although I'd still like to get it fixed). I have now acquired the cream of the crop, the SJT-400. Low and behold, I didn't buy it in running condition. I thought it might just be the loading gear belt, which it was. I replaced the belt with the one that I bought for my SGT-090. When I turned the machine on, GUESS WHAT HAPPENED?!!! veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...SNAP!!!!!!!!! Ryos!!!! The exact same problem that happened to my SGT has happened all over again-- reincarnated itself so-to-speak. Go to the following PDF file and look at piece number 38. This is what's breaking. http://f4.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/gE90Q6vBfwBUHNPfHAjRa7sGvHkE-QguDekkMtP1MHAO26RwjO4LT5pvQDM-meTSZrPnwnvD6dN0yCM0QfzdNyKDpwclM2JPvg/Reference/gettinit98%27s%20Yahoo%20Briefcase/exploded_view.pdf What is happening? Why is the top sensor not turning of the movement to prevent this? Is this its job? Did the positioning get screwed up somehow? For the other player, the exact same thing happened. I went ahead and created a new axle for the clamp (#3Cool but this did nothing since all the mechanism did when turned on was push against the sensor stop until it broke. When the piece didn't break right away, it just popped the gears. I am attacking this problem whole-heartedly. I have taken pictures of the broken piece in question and of the surrounding area to help everyone determine what's happening. NOTE: I don't think getting another #38 will automatically fix the problem on the SJT. I think it's something else (the sensor?) like the SGT. Can I push the sensor with my finger to simulate the broken pieces action?

I'm so ticked because I have about 200 CEDs on the shelf and I haven't gotten to watch a single one, or any CED ever for that matter. Your help is greatly, greatly appreciated. Please reply with leads. Oh, and take care of yourself, Chauncey (Videodiscer) @ actingresidue@msn.com

[img][/img][img][/img]
mandfmangham

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: broken player, Reply with quote

Hi just reading your posting the same problem happend to me, Tom Cool put me onto cedatum Very Happy I ordered the right part x2 just in case, it is very!
important that the stylus arm and gears are perfectly inlined as through my past hassles the lack of a drive belt has caused the gearing to be out of timing with the arm cedatum Very Happy has the repair manuals for
j and k series it might be worth getting in contact with John
good luck with getting everything inlined
Mark.
Videodiscer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The following email is what did the trick. I found Darrell's email amongst past posts. I took a makeshift part and then used that, while making sure the load arm could get through. Walah! I now have a working player!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've watched a dozen movies!!!!!!!!!!!! This rocks!!!!:

Hi,

When you replace a load belt you have to be sure that the platter is turned where the disc rod can move, if the platter has the rod jammed, Yes it will break the transfer rod coupling. Also, after load belt replacement, you should manually rotate the load gear to put the mechanism in the off position. Then, when you turn the power on the player will proceed to the Load position.

I do offer Reconditioning , and on the 400 series players I install a cooling fan in the OSD circuitry to prevent the OSD Chip from overheating.

If you decide to get the player Reconditioned, let me know. Price depends on whether you need a New stylus. If your stylus is ok the price is of course less.

Thanks for looking at my ad,

Darrell
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: