CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I Love the 80s 3-D

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cedmagic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:36 am    Post subject: I Love the 80s 3-D Reply with quote

VH1 is currently airing their third series of year-by-year shows covering pop culture events of the 1980s. This latest series goes into some obscure things that I had practically forgotten about, but still no coverage of CED.

The 1982 show does have a segment on VCRs where the hosts are hefting a 1980s top-loader commenting on how heavy and expensive the unit is, although the one shown is relatively light compared to RCA's VBT-200 from 1977.

VH1 has a web site on the series here:

http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/i_love_the_80s_3d/series.jhtml

--Tom Howe
Wester

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched a few episodes when it originally aired, pretty entertaining and brought back some memories. I just wish I had some 3-D glasses to watch it with.
Ron Rendfeld

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: '80s 3D Reply with quote

Go to BEST BUY for Official(?) I love the '80s 3D glasses.
Wester

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I'm about 2hrs from the nearest Best Buy. Although it would be cool, are they specially marked for the promotion?
cedmagic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: RE: Where to Get 3D Glasses Reply with quote

American Paper Optics will mail you a free pair of 3D glasses if you call or email them:

(800) 767-8427
sales@3dglassesonline.com

The glasses for the VH1 show use clear ChromaDepth technology rather than the more familiar red/blue anaglyphic process:

http://www.3dglassesonline.com/3d-chromadepth-glasses/

The ChromaDepth process is pretty lame on television, but can be quite dramatic in print form. My university is presently promoting Brain Awareness Week, so there are posters of a 3D brain all over campus with a pair of ChromaDepth glasses attached to each poster:

http://www.oregonbrains.org/

--Tom Howe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: