CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with my SFT100W

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beerrodent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:26 am    Post subject: Problem with my SFT100W Reply with quote

I was given an RCA SFT100W player. After loading the disc and switching to "play", the timer counts up and the stylus moves across the disc as if "rapid access." When the stylus stops at the end, the LED flashes "E." The "rapid access and visual search buttons" appear to operate. Stylus will stop with the "pause" button. Touching any search button will start the stylus fast forward again. Holding the "visual or rapid access reverse buttons" will cause stylus to go backward, but on releasing them, stylus goes into rapid access forward again. The unit is in perfect cosmetic condition, and yes, I tried a working stylus and different discs from my operational Wards CED player with the same outcome. Can anyone help me with this problem please.
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a tough one, perhaps the ffwd button is broken stuck, or there is an error in the circuitry... do you have a multimeter, and or are you willing to test the player and remove the cover and stuff?
beerrodent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:44 am    Post subject: Sft100w Reply with quote

I do have a digital multimeter and have a background in automotive electronics. Not afraid of printed circuits and repair as I have done it for 41 years. I don't have a manual or schematics for this machine though. I haven't checked for a Sam's photofact.
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Sft100w Reply with quote

beerrodent wrote:
I do have a digital multimeter and have a background in automotive electronics. Not afraid of printed circuits and repair as I have done it for 41 years. I don't have a manual or schematics for this machine though. I haven't checked for a Sam's photofact.

i have hard copy service data in a 3 ring binder from rca with schematics, but i wana look at the diag flow chart when i have a minute and see if this is in the problems section... it might be a bad connection at the stylus tracking arm, like a broken wire or something
blindfury420

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is something wrong in the stylus arm. Swap it out for another one and it will work. Its not worth tracking down the problem as it could be numbers of things wrong in the stylus arm. Just get it (stylus arm) from a broke or parts player! I should clarify I have had this problem a few times and this was the solution. Also recommended by cedatum.

McMicheal 5001h
Hitachi VIP202P
JCP 686-5705
RCA SKT265, SKT300
RCA SJT400X, SJT425
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: