CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Request for Participation in a Paper About CEDs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjones7

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:37 am    Post subject: Request for Participation in a Paper About CEDs Reply with quote

My name is Jimi Jones. I am a doctoral student at the Graduate School of Library and Information Science at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. I am researching the history of the RCA Selectavision CED format for an academic research paper that I hope to publish in the coming year. I would like to interview, via Skype or telephone, people who worked on the RCA Selectavision project, people who sold or rented Selectavision discs or players and/or collectors of Selectavision discs and/or players. The interview will take about one hour. If you are interested in participating, please send me an email at jjones7@illinois.edu. Your responses may be used in my paper and your confidentiality will be preserved. If you choose to participate, you will receive a copy of the final analysis of all findings.
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool! have you read the book The Business of Research: RCA and the Videodisc by Margaret Graham? its a great book! id be glad to help with your research, i am a pretty serious collector, i have over 1000 discs and 14 different model players, also i have service tools and literature, and rca property as well, also ketonic dude on here and blindfury420 have huge collections! some members on here have been collecting since the beginning, and some of us talk to a lady named Pam on facebook, she used to work at the plant in the qc department, plus John aka cedatum worked there as well john/ cedatum would probably be the best for the interview!
jjones7

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the Graham book has been central to my research. It's a great resource, thank you! And yes, I've contacted John but have not heard back yet.

I would love to interview you if you're open to it (and this applies to everyone on this board!).

Please send me an email to jjones7@illinois.edu if you would like to participate.
jjones7

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject: bumping this up Reply with quote

Hello all. Forgive me for bumping this up to the top again but I am still hoping to find collectors and/or folks who were involved in RCA's development and production of the CED system for a paper I'm writing. If you're interested in taking part, please email me at jjones7@illinois.edu.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: