CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ced players for sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: ced players for sale Reply with quote

Hi my name is Shawn, and i am looking for cheap ced player. i sites like ced central but there cheapest model is over a 100.00 and on ebay the ones that work seem togo between 60.00 - 80.00. There is no way i can afford that either. I am in collage, and dont have a lot of extra income. I am looking for a cheap first ced player around 40.00. Thanks alot for your time.

sjohns19@amfam.com
Wester

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best bet would be to check local or semi-local thrift shops or pawns. Any player that you buy that isn't local would kill you on shipping. I picked mine up with 15 movies from a local Salvation Army for $30, it needs some work but hopefully I'll have it going within the month. Good Luck! Very Happy
Videodiscer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd routinely case the local thrifts and also check out the wonderful Craigslist.com site and type in CED, Videodisc, Video disc, Selectivision to see if someone has put one on there. I got my non-working SJT-400 plus 100 discs on craigs for $35. It could be a month before you find a local player or it could be a few years. I've been at this for a year and still don't have a working player-- cause' I don't want to pony up the high price for one online. Good Luck, Chauncey (Videodiscer)
cedinmo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Around here in SW Missouri I see a few CED players... maybe 2 or 3 a month. Most are bottom end models usually priced $10 or less. 95% don't work right off the bat due to bad needles or drive belts, but I've been lucky this year and bought 3 that work like new without testing them first. Most people get rid of them when the needle goes bad. Never have seen a SJT-400 around here, but have found several remotes for them.

Movies are easy to find... much easier than players. A buck each is common at the local weekend flea. Every few weeks someone will show up with 20 or 30 movies and I buy the ones that interest me.

I hit flea markets hard. Since I collect about 100 different kinds of old electronics, my car's backseat is always full. Weekend outdoor flea markets in larger cities usually bring good finds. Regular "junky" flea markets in older poorer sections of towns are usually good. Thrift stores are always a good bet. Never seen a CED player in one, but have scored countless Beta VCRs and Laserdisc players.

cedinmo
Wester

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cedinmo wrote:
Around here in SW Missouri I see a few CED players... maybe 2 or 3 a month. Most are bottom end models usually priced $10 or less. 95% don't work right off the bat due to bad needles or drive belts, but I've been lucky this year and bought 3 that work like new without testing them first. Most people get rid of them when the needle goes bad. Never have seen a SJT-400 around here, but have found several remotes for them.

Movies are easy to find... much easier than players. A buck each is common at the local weekend flea. Every few weeks someone will show up with 20 or 30 movies and I buy the ones that interest me.

I hit flea markets hard. Since I collect about 100 different kinds of old electronics, my car's backseat is always full. Weekend outdoor flea markets in larger cities usually bring good finds. Regular "junky" flea markets in older poorer sections of towns are usually good. Thrift stores are always a good bet. Never seen a CED player in one, but have scored countless Beta VCRs and Laserdisc players.

cedinmo

I wish it was like that in my area. I've seen one CED player and movie lot, and one Laserdic player and movie lot in about 5yrs of thrifting and garage saleing. I picked them both up.
Samson

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep looking, it took me five years to find a ced player.
Since then have found two other players, and once a stack of movies. The movies were in a box with record albums, so they were cheap.

Try Ebay, but shipping is high due to weight of disc and the players.

Beware of two part movies:
First ced movies I bought, was so excited didn't notice they part one of a two part set. So have a a stack useless movies, but it's bettter than none.
dcs

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Shawn, if your still looking e-mail me I may be able to help you out, I like to see people getting into the hobby. Depending on where you live of course. Like someone said, you hate to pay more for shipping than you do for the actual unit. Good hunting.....dcs
armcan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: ced players Reply with quote

Hi everyone
Well I went out a couple of months ago and found these things that I thought was LaserDisc for Karaoke.So Being a Karaoke host I pick these things up and put them all in a shopping cart and brought them home.Well as I was looking through them.I found that they were all Ced's.Well now I am looking for a player.I found one on ebay for $11.99 CAD plus $25.99CAD shipping.I sure hope it works.My Dad want's me to record all of the Elvis one's for him.7 different elvis movies.So it should keep him busy for a while. Very Happy the only thing that really kills you is the shipping cost when getting thing from the states.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: