CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sears 934.54780150 player for sale. ( with good cartridge )

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kitskaboodle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:28 pm    Post subject: Sears 934.54780150 player for sale. ( with good cartridge ) Reply with quote

I have a Sears CED player for sale. I bought this machine about 4-5 years ago, put two small belts in it and then used it only occasionally over the years. The last few times I tried to use it, it would do this: I would put in a disc, the counter window would begin flashing "00", then the red dial pointer would begin to move from "Standby " to "0", pause for about two seconds and then return back to the "Standby" position. (without playing the movie) So, I read here that in a lot of cases it is the cartridge. So I sent the cartridge off to Cedatum, they cleaned it, then tested it in their Sears player and they gave it a good bill of health. They said it has many hours of life left in it. I will include the email of this correspondence to prove this. Cosmetically the player is in great shape. I can provide pics on request. I don't know how to post them here. I know how to do simple repairs but this is beyond my abilities to fix. I know there are a few guys out there who would know how to fix this. I would like to sell this as "best offer" so send me an offer to "kitskaboodle89@gmail.com[/img]
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the same sears player and it acts the same way, i think something in the circuits may have a bad solder joint, or maybe something went off value... with a good stylus the player is worth about 30 bucks in the condition its in, but thats only my opinion.
cedwaechter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have several of the Sears players and have had the same problem. The issue is with a small sensor that is on the top of the stylus are near the back of the right hand corner. There is a small L bracket that sits back their that has slots in it. When the player starts, there is a sensor in there that controls how far the arm advances when you start the machine. If the sensor does not "see" thru the slots, the machine will advance just a bit, pause and then return. This has worked on my players. I can sent pictures of what it looks like if you wish. If you have replaced belts, chances are you took this sensor off and it is not at the right angle to read the slot correctly. Could be a place to start at least.
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks chris! ill have to check that out! if you can put up a pic that would be super... you know, just in case Wink
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just opened mine up, and there is actually an adjustment screw for the eye itself, i messed with it, but i got nothing, the needle never drops, and the digital part of the display never reads anything, it just goes back home...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: