CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SJT400 reassembly help requested

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeremybondsf

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:57 am    Post subject: SJT400 reassembly help requested Reply with quote

Hello friends.

I recently bought a donor SJT-090 to supply my ailing SJT400 (Stephanie) with some needed parts. I managed to successfully extract what i needed from the '090 and they fit Stephanie fine. So far so good...

Now I'm trying to put the '400 back together, and I'm STUCK. I should have taken pictures before taking her apart! I've read the service manuaual again and again, gazed at those dark vague pictures of the 400 insides, and scrubbed through every Youtube video where somebody shows the inisides of a J-series player. All to no avail.

The area I am stuck at is the front rright side, where the power switch is.

[list=]There is one long rod that runs from the function gear-area up to the front. Where does it go?
There's a little metal piece with an "O" loop which seems like it should go with the rod above. But does it? How and where?
How to the caddy lockouts go in?
There's a screw on a ground lug in this area. Were does it go?
How does the whole Guide Rail Assembly attach down to the player base in this corner? There's one screw hole but I can't seem to get everything that looks like it should screw down here to fit. Plus I sorta remember two screwholes when I first took it apatt.

If some kind soul could help I would be forever grateful. Some good quality close-up photos of this section would help immensely. None of the Youtube guys spent much time showing this section.

Thanks in advance for any offering of guidance, support, even a hint...

-Jeremy
[/list][/list]
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you have a picture of the exploded view diagram? i can get it for you if you do.
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can post some pics for you when I get home, at work now.
jeremybondsf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to dumbchemist, I got a copy of the 100/200/300 series service manual which is a much clearer scan than the 400 manual. The photos and the parts explosion are much more legible. As a result, I was able to identify the mystery parts and can happily report that Stephanie has been almost completely reassembled! Razz Razz Razz Exclamation Razz Very Happy Laughing

Unfortunately she's still making a loud raspy sound when powered on. Sounds like some plastic parts slapping together. But I think I can figure it out before too long. Something in the function gear area I think.

Thank you also SelectaVision420 and ketonic_dude for the offer of help.

Soon Sephanie and I will be in retro movie heaven!
dumbchemist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeremybondsf wrote:
Thanks to dumbchemist, I got a copy of the 100/200/300 series service manual which is a much clearer scan than the 400 manual. The photos and the parts explosion are much more legible. As a result, I was able to identify the mystery parts and can happily report that Stephanie has been almost completely reassembled! Razz Razz Razz Exclamation Razz Very Happy Laughing

Unfortunately she's still making a loud raspy sound when powered on. Sounds like some plastic parts slapping together. But I think I can figure it out before too long. Something in the function gear area I think.

Thank you also SelectaVision420 and ketonic_dude for the offer of help.

Soon Sephanie and I will be in retro movie heaven!

I am glad that the SM was helpful. I have an SJT-400 and an SJT-200 to work on so I will be using their SM's to hopefully breathe some life into them.
GEN10301
RCA SJT-200 SJT-400
DiskLord DP-830
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: