CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CED Model Number Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cinnamon_girl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: CED Model Number Question Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone could explain the difference in model numbers? I have seen several different CEDs such as, SGT 075, SKT 090, SFT 100, and SJT 300 listed on Ebay, and was wondering is one model better that the other? What exactly is the difference? I would appreciate anyone clarifying this mystery for me. Thanks and have a blessed day!

Debi
cedmagic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: RE: CED Player Model Numbers Reply with quote

The letter after the initial "S" in the model number refers to the model year of the player as follows:

F - 1981
G - 1982
J - 1983
K - 1984

Apparently RCA skipped the letters H and I because of the scatological connotation associated with model designations like "SHT100" or "SIT100."

The number portion of the model number can be broken down as follows:

075, 090 - Economy monaural players with reduced playback control
100, 101 - Standard monaural players (or dealer demo units)
200 - Standard stereo players
250, 300 - Standard stereo players with basic remote control
400 - Interactive stereo players with advanced remote control

The CED Player Reference Guide provides detailed specifications for all RCA player models:

http://cedmagic.com/museum/ced-player-guide/ced-player-guide.html

--Tom Howe
krbsforty

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am curious if any one can explain the equivalent model number nomenclature for any of the non-RCA players. I have never been able to deduce their meanings, and I can not find very much information about them.
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krbsforty wrote:
I am curious if any one can explain the equivalent model number nomenclature for any of the non-RCA players. I have never been able to deduce their meanings, and I can not find very much information about them.

is there a specific one you are trying to compare?
krbsforty

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SelectaVision420 wrote:
krbsforty wrote:

Not really. I am just curious because I do not know what they mean. I know that some companies produced only one CED player, so there is not much to compare. I just wanted to know what the models produced by the other companies mean, if there is any meaning. If no one knows, then that is fine.
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krbsforty wrote:
SelectaVision420 wrote:
krbsforty wrote:

Not really. I am just curious because I do not know what they mean. I know that some companies produced only one CED player, so there is not much to compare. I just wanted to know what the models produced by the other companies mean, if there is any meaning. If no one knows, then that is fine.

id like to know sears reasoning behind their model numbers myself lol
krbsforty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that the rare RCA model 265 CED player is not included in this list, but it is in the reference guide with a picture. Can any one explain anything about this CED player?
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krbsforty wrote:
I noticed that the rare RCA model 265 CED player is not included in this list, but it is in the reference guide with a picture. Can any one explain anything about this CED player?

its not an rca player, its a re-branded rca player sears bought and sold until the hitachi models came out
blindfury420

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krbsforty wrote:

Is this the skt-265 in player reference on this site?

McMicheal 5001h
Hitachi VIP202P
JCP 686-5705
RCA SKT265, SKT300
RCA SJT400X, SJT425
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: