CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CED CENTRAL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jon Merrill

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: CED CENTRAL Reply with quote

Hello Everyone!

CED CENTRAL is indeed alive and well. It was sold to Jon Merrill and his son, Michael in May 2005 and is not leaving the "CED community". The website is only temporarily "down." Currently all sales are still on hold, EXCEPT for STYLUSES. This is because the entire CED CENTRAL inventory is currently in storage in Sacramento, pending shipment to Los Angeles within the next few weeks. The former owner James Curiel still has an email account at CED CENTRAL, and he's been kind enough to forward emails to us. Please feel free to write to James at CED CENTRAL without reserve.

CED CENTRAL should have been reopened for business long before this, but due to a fire and extensive water damage to the rental property, where it was to be housed in Los Angeles, there has been a substantial delay. Lucky for us the building was empty at the time, or the entire CED Central inventory might have been lost forever. A new building has been purchased and escrow should close on this property on August 19th. After that, there will be physical space to house everything and the entire CED Central inventory will be shipped immediately to Los Angeles.

If all goes well, CED CENTRAL should be open for full business again by no later than the middle of September 2005 (famous last words). The business will also include vintage computer electronics and software, so be sure and check out the new website as soon as it is updated. The site will specialize in vintage, hard to find memory and PC games from the DOS era in pristine condition.

Thank you everyone for your continued interests in CED CENTRAL.

Sincerely,

Jon & Michael Merrill
mnallard

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear from you! Thank GOD that no inventory was in that building. I'll keep my eyes out for CED Central to re-open...I'm wanting an SJT-100 player.

KEEP THOSE CEDS PLAYING

END OF LINE
krbsforty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember hearing about this business a while ago, but I have not heard anything from them lately. I would be interested in an update on CED Central, or knowing whatever happened to it; if any one knows or remembers. I have found some other old postings asking about the business, but no one seemed to know any information. Also, does any one know the whereabouts of Jon & Michael Merrill, or James Curiel? I am just curious.
Jesse Skeen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James moved to Oregon a few years ago which is why he sold the business. Very strange that whoever bought it has disappeared from the face of the earth, just glad I was able to grab some choice stuff when it was close by!
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what happened to all that inventory?
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ketonic_dude wrote:
I wonder what happened to all that inventory?

hopefully its not rotting somewhere Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: