CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New to CED with a dead Hitachi VIP210P

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glen M

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:41 pm    Post subject: New to CED with a dead Hitachi VIP210P Reply with quote

Hello all. I got my first CED player tonight. I bought it as a spares or repairs item from local classifieds. Given that the person selling it thought it was a laserdisc player I had hoped they simply didn't know what they had but alas it's dead. Plugged it in and nothing happens. Offered a disc caddy and still nothing.

Took the lid off for a quick look and it's very clean inside. No signs of corrosion or damage to the board or its components. From what I can tell there is a small switch that should operate when the caddy is inserted which in turn should drive a motor that lifts the loading tray but as I say nothing happening.

Before I start taking it to bits looking for a solution does anyone have experience with this machine that could give me a few ideas of where to look first.

Apologies if any of my terminology is incorrect.
Glen M

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK got it sorted or should I say sort of fixed it. Someone had obviously had it in bits before as the tray mech was out of sync. Sorted that then noticed the belt that drives it was slipping. replaced that with a tighter one and also replaced the belt that controls the cartridge position. It's now loads and works as you would expect but the picture and sound is jumping all over the place. I suspect the needle is worn out see below pic.

Barry Webb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I also had this problem with jumping discs all I do is take the disc out of the caddy and clean it with very mild baby shampoo and rinse and dry works for me every time.
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry Webb wrote:
Hi I also had this problem with jumping discs all I do is take the disc out of the caddy and clean it with very mild baby shampoo and rinse and dry works for me every time.

this will likely shorten the life of the disc as the coating on it to help with stylus and disc wear will wash off...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: