CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SJT-200 Player Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: SJT-200 Player Questions Reply with quote

Hi, I have a few questions about this player. For one, I bought if off ebay about 3 years ago and when I recieved the player it was packaged well. When I hooked it up the turn table was making a rubbing noise and the player would not take the disc out on its own. Well I bought a release motor belt to correct the disc problem, and I adjusted the the turntable height using the hex adjustment underneath. It seemed to be working ok, but today I hooked the player up and on a lot of the discs I get a contrast/brightness defect. The disc when playing, on intervals, will go between a lighter and darker shade. It is not highly noticable, but on these discs it also takes a while for them to start up(up to a min). So I checked the stylus to see if the problem lied there, and when looking at it I can see that the needle is in a way distorted when compared to a new stylus. I have a new stylus but I want to know if any other adjustments need to made to the components of the player in order to prevent ruining the new stylus. Thanks in advance.
cedmagic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: RE: SJT-200 Player Questions Reply with quote

The J/K players were designed to minimize the mechanical adjustments necessary to keep the player operating. Practically the only mechanical adjustment in the service manual is the turntable height, which uses a specialized gauge, but can adjusted within range using the "rule of thumb" procedure on this page:

http://www.cedmagic.com/tech-info/repair-solutions.html#dragging-turntable

Provided the turntable is not warped and is at the proper height, it's unlikely your new stylus cartridge will be damaged by testing it in the player as long as it is properly installed in the pickup arm assembly. Since substitution of a known-good cartridge is the first step in diagnosing many problems, I would recommend testing playback with this cartridge to see if the dropout condition persists. If so, it will be necessary to diagnose the signal processing circuitry.

--Tom Howe
carryonjutta

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a new stylus but I want to know if any other adjustments need to made to the components of the player in order to prevent ruining the new stylus.

ben shapiro
gambling
Tom Selleck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: