CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Greetings/repair advice needed/free players

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cathoderaytube

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject: Greetings/repair advice needed/free players Reply with quote

Hello. I am a new owner of several CED players and an entire library of discs...an elderly woman i know gave me about 8 of her 40 or so players she has hoarded...I picked out all the Stereo ones...and probably over 300 discs...some of which are redundant.

I have read quite a bit about these and understand how they work and am a general electronics enthusiast, however i have never actually owned or messed with any of these until now.

2 of the players i have are SGT200s...one of them comes on,spins and seems to function...but has no picture and the LED display never gets past -- even with an OK stylus that works in another player...i have another older ZenithVP2000 doing the exact same thing. The other SGT200 seems to work fine, except when not playing the video output is scrambled instead of black, and when it plays it only plays in Black & White...again with several different styluses that work in other players..

Id also like to know where i can get new belts/styluses...

The Woman who gave me all this gear, still has about 20-30 players that she wants rid of...I have dibs on the rest of the discs, however im planning to go thru all of them and sort out all the ones that are duplicate or that i have no interest in watching... Most of the players are Brown, non-stereo SST 90s or 75s...i think...but if anybody is in Pennsylvania and wants any of the stuff, im willing to pass along the ladys contact info about the players and give away the rest of the discs after i get what i want out of them.
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool! do yourself a favor! before you put any disc into a player, carefully slide it out of the caddy without touching it and inspect it for any kind of damage! you will thank me later Wink many times discs are stored improperly or become damaged by the player unbeknown to the previous owner ( usually from a worn transfer rod cap in the j/k series players )
allthingsced

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Please contact me. I repair red players, have many styli etc Reply with quote

Hello there,
I would love the contact info for the players.

I can also help you with yours if need be. I repair and service players for many. I also clean and sell good styli. I have extra parts and belts as well.

Please contact me at allthingsced@gmail.com I live in Bethlehem PA. Thanks so much and hope to hear from you soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: