CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SAnyo VDR-3000 repair...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raintree

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: SAnyo VDR-3000 repair... Reply with quote

Dad was able to get the Sanyo VDR-3000 he'd been looking for but needs to find parts for repair, and maybe a shop manual. For those not familiar, this model is the only one Sanyo actually made themselves and is quite unique and different from any other brand. And pretty rare apparently.

So what he's looking at is to replace the loading motor that lifts the internal caddy tray for loading and unloading the disc. The motor seems to have lost most of its spunk and just moves about 1/4 inch upon power on and then stops. We can get it to move a bit each time we power on, but even taking the belt off to reduce load doesn't make a difference.

I know it's a long shot, but maybe someone happens to have a parts player out there, or some Sanyo parts or the manual? If not, then maybe someone would like to collect it just for it's rareness and not care that it isn't working? Dad only wanted it if he could get it to work properly.

It's too bad because it is in really nice shape otherwise.
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also was hoping in the future i would come across one of these players, i know dean has one i think... anywho, i almost never pass up something that would be an accessory to what i want, in case i get what i want i have the peripherals... so one day i came across these! had to buy them, now they sit with my zenith and rca service manuals, ready to help out whenever the situation arises! whatever i can do for the old man just let me know!

blindfury420

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a boxed sanyo. I also have two to three extra players (They all work, one of them just not great). I have all 2 service manuals and the schematics for it, including the owners manual. I also have the rare "sears" remote for it. Rix said he once saw the "sears" branded sanyo player too! He said it was at your grandpa's shop and the only one he had ever seen. I remember I asked you about this in another thread but there was no response, I thought your dad was talking about the "sears" branded sanyo!

McMicheal 5001h
Hitachi VIP202P
JCP 686-5705
RCA SKT265, SKT300
RCA SJT400X, SJT425
Raintree

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, Dad says. He did say that there was a very unique Sears player in the shop long ago, but it was a customers and went out after being repaired.

Anyway, he wonders if any of you can look in the manuals and see if there's a part number and/or specifications on the little motor with pulley that operates the lift and lowering of the tray system?

Also he's wondering if there are any reference specs about the signal that is put out of the adapter RCA plug that was for a later stereo add-on.
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you tell me more about this sears player?

does any of this help?

SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im sorry for some reason they are out of order?
stdjsb25

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be what you're looking for:

http://www.encompassparts.com/model/SFSVDR3000/_/_/Sanyo/VDR3000/
Raintree

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SelectaVision420 wrote:
im sorry for some reason they are out of order?

We took the motor out and looked it over, it's labeled SANWA, but says nothing about the DC voltage it takes. It maybe 12 v because the capacitor that crosses the Pos & Neg leads says 12 v on it. But don't know if that's really correct. Anyway, it looks like a pretty typical little can DC motor and the pulley detaches with a set screw. It's actually not too hard to get out. I don't think the speed matters terribly since it is controlled by toggle type mechanical switches that reset according to where the tray is and what button is pressed. It could go a little slower, but probably not faster, if a close replacement can be had.

Anyway, since dad isn't too eager to dig into it due to his health, he said for you, meaning Tony, to reply to the email button below because he'd like to see it go to someone who can probably get it running. He's not interested in making money on it at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: