CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Autographed CED’s

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Husker Du

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject: Autographed CED’s Reply with quote

Does anyone have any autographed CED’s? I have just two and both I got singed in person. I have a copy of Commando signed by Vernon Wells and Friday the 13th the Final Chapter signed by Tom Savini. When I showed the CED to Tom he thought it was neat and said that it’s pretty rare.

Is there anyone here who has any autographed CED’s that are personalized or that they found signed?
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be something nice to have. If I were you, i believe I would put those discs in a shadowbox
SKT-100
Jesse Skeen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few years ago on Ebay I saw someone selling a Texas Chainsaw Massacre disc autographed by Gunnar Hanson, the guy who played Leatherface. Didn't see how much it went for.

I have a Partridge Family 8-track autographed by David Cassidy, and 3 laserdiscs autographed by Pauly Shore!
Fluffy73

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to get Jay Leno to sign my near mint copy of American Hot Wax. However he's been a really busy guy the last few months.
chump

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw someone at a con getting John Carpenter to sign his CED Escape from NY.
Thisthishehe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my CED player has a common problem. When I play a disc, the colours go in & out; sometimes the colour will be fine, and then it will go to black & white for a few seconds. The other problem happens when I am s

solarmovie id
ben shapiro sister DELETED
is/tom selleck gay?
mor shapiro net worth
will there be a goblin slayer season 2

Last edited by Thisthishehe on Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:22 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
blindfury420

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: "COLISSIMO LIVRE" mais pas reçu! Reply with quote

Thisthishehe wrote:
I think my CED player has a common problem. When I play a disc, the colours go in & out; sometimes the colour will be fine, and then it will go to black & white for a few seconds. The other problem happens when I am s

This is what is happening! Welcome to cedmagic too!

http://www.cedmagic.com/tech-info/repair-solutions.html#improper-turntable-speed

Player Category: F/G Chassis Fault: Improper Turntable Speed
Symptom(s):
Image on TV exhibits intermittent color fade wherein it changes from being in color to being in black-and-white to being color again.
Solution(s):
The turntable in CED players must spin at exactly 450 RPM for proper playback. The chrominance portion of the recovered video signal is most susceptible to loss if the speed varies, resulting in a loss of color in the video image. The F/G players derive their turntable speed from the AC line frequency and a ring of sixteen magnetic poles around the circumference of the turntable. A turntable speed check strobe can be used to verify proper speed. If the speed is off or varies there could be a number of causes:

A worn out turntable belt (obtain a replacement belt).
Excessive friction in the turntable or drive motor bearings (re-lubricate the bearings, ideally following the procedures in the service manual).
Belt uncentered on turntable drive motor pulley (adjust the motor mount screws so the belt rides centered following the procedure in the service manual).
Improper clearance between the turntable magnetic ring and the sync plates on the turntable drive motor (this requires RCA Synchronizer Plate Gauge #153308 to measure properly).
Weak magnetic field in the turntable magnetic ring (necessitating replacement of the turntable or rejuvenation of the 16-pole magnetic field, which is theoretically possible, though I've never attempted it).

McMicheal 5001h
Hitachi VIP202P
JCP 686-5705
RCA SKT265, SKT300
RCA SJT400X, SJT425
Husker Du

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this year’s Shock Stock I got my CED’s of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre signed by Edwin Neal & I Spit on Your Grave signed by Camille Keaton. Ed was really impressed that I brought in a CED. When he saw I also had a copy of I Spit he ran over to Camille to show her both CED’s. He was telling me that someone might bring him one a year to sign.
johngreve

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Jesse Skeen"]A few years ago on Ebay I saw someone selling a Texas Chainsaw Massacre disc autographed by Gunnar Hanson, the guy who played Leatherface. Didn't see how much it went for.

Hi all,
Long time member, first time poster.....I've been pretty dormant in the CED collecting hobby the past 5-6 years but maybe a month ago or so my interest was renewed. Can't really say why but that's me...I drift in and out of several hobbies.
Anyway just perusing the posts here and stumbled across this one.
It turns out I'm the guy that bought the autographed Texas Chain Saw Massacre quite a few years ago. I still have it though I never watched the movie as I'm not a fan of the hack n slash genre.
IIRC I bought the guys player and his whole horror collection of discs. They were really in excellent condition...well taken care of. Can't recall the model of the player either. May of picked up my SJT400 in the deal...can't say for sure as it was so long ago.
dmbjunky

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a neat idea to get people to sign a videodisc.

I've been wanting some horror discs. I just got my first one, 1978 Invasion of the Body Snatchers. The poster art is usually pretty awesome for 80s horror movies.
RCA MTR-225
A lot of discs
...and growing
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesse Skeen wrote:
A few years ago on Ebay I saw someone selling a Texas Chainsaw Massacre disc autographed by Gunnar Hanson, the guy who played Leatherface. Didn't see how much it went for.

I have a Partridge Family 8-track autographed by David Cassidy, and 3 laserdiscs autographed by Pauly Shore!

Take good care of it, it's really sad about David's dementia diagnosis.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: