CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone in Knox County Maine are with CED player for sale?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
camerabrain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Anyone in Knox County Maine are with CED player for sale? Reply with quote

I was given a CED player as a gift but had lost it due to water damage quite a few years ago. I absolutely adored and used it regularly. I have found no success in finding a replacement as I refuse to pay exorbitant prices and shipping for non working units at auction sites online. I would very much be interested in buying one reasonably priced locally. Every time I'm in my den I see my poor stack of Ced that can not be played. I absolutely abhor dvd and blue ray aargh.
Raintree

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHat model of player did you have before?
camerabrain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:21 am    Post subject: The model I had? Reply with quote

It was an RCA Selectavision, not currently remembering the model... let's see it was all manual but had a led 2 digit display and sort of a wood grain base with a silver top. I nurtured that thing though. I remember replacing a belt in it almost monthly because I did not have a factory belt but found a ladies hair elastic of a simialar size that allowed the transport to function. It was in great condition otherwise because the person I got it from hardly ever used it and the needle cart was in pristine condition. I used to have a book on ced repair which was quite nice but never really had to do anything but replace that transport band.
stdjsb25

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: The model I had? Reply with quote

camerabrain wrote:
I remember replacing a belt in it almost monthly because I did not have a factory belt but found a ladies hair elastic of a simialar size that allowed the transport to function.

Now that is ingenuity Smile
camerabrain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that in my book was what I called desperation.
stdjsb25

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

camerabrain wrote:
Well that in my book was what I called desperation.

But that's better than nothing.
camerabrain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes this is very true.
Raintree

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would have been most likely an RCA SJT or SKT model. They tend to be more fogiving about the belt substitutes than the other models. Did you just take off two screws to get the top cover off?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: