CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Still have LD players for FREE...(Edited)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raintree

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:54 pm    Post subject: Still have LD players for FREE...(Edited) Reply with quote

(Edited on 8-23 due to some players being taken)

Posting this anew because the other posting kinda got off track a little.

Several players are gone, but there's still these players for FREE, except you have to pay shipping.

MAGNAVOX CDV-474 = One left (Nearly the same as Philips CDV 475 but looks better, a nice match for SJT/SKT players) Made by Philips-Magnavox who put out the first LD player for sale to the public.

PANASONIC LX-120 (aka LX-101) - One available

PIONEER CLD-980 - One available

PIONEER CLD-1070 = One Available

Remember, this includes Factory REMOTE with any player, a good deal I think!

These are single side players, but CED fans are used to that anyway. These LD players are slimmer profile and sleeker design than the dual sided players which are pretty thick

Dad really wants the collectors here to get these players for some reason, anyway send an email using the email button below.

Last edited by Raintree on Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Raintree

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's photos of the players left as of 8-23:

MAGNAVOX

PANASONIC LX-120

Pioneer CLD 980

Pioneer CLD 1070

Last edited by Raintree on Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Raintree

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update here.

There are, as of right now, 4 players with factory remotes still available at no charge except for shipping to you.

Dad still wants to try to get these players to his friends in this forum.

Last edited by Raintree on Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total
cheese129

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: ld player Reply with quote

interested in the one in the bottom pic how much would shipping be to 67460
Raintree

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. We sent you that via email just now.
stdjsb25

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've still got one of those players I will gladly take one!
Mayor West

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raintree, I picked up Shawshank Redemption and will test it out in the panny you and your dad sent me. I'll report back tomorrow, TTFN!

SJT300
Raintree

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stdjsb25 wrote:

Okay, send us an email using the email button below and let us know which one you'd like. Thanks!
stdjsb25

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raintree wrote:
stdjsb25 wrote:

Okay, send us an email using the email button below and let us know which one you'd like. Thanks!

Already done Smile
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What remote do you have for that 2600? I have a 2600 but the remote that came with mine is about the size of a brick. Thanks.
Raintree

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ketonic_dude wrote:
What remote do you have for that 2600? I have a 2600 but the remote that came with mine is about the size of a brick. Thanks.

That would depend upon your 2600. Does iit have a hard on/off switch? Or does it have a soft touch switch? The way you tell is to turn player on, unplug, then plug back in. If player is still on, you have the hard switch.

If hard switch, then you have the correct remote, aka "the Giant" remote. If soft touch switch, which is uncommon, then you can use a remote with a POWER button on it. The 2600 industrial player was designed for use in schools, businesses, so they made the big button remote for it. The player typically does not turn off/on by remote nor does the tray open by remote.

Even if it's a hard switch, you can still use the smaller remotes, but not all functions on smaller remote will work. Another option is to get a learning remote, and throw all the functions onto it, and even your other remotes too.

Dad says old-school period universal remotes, 80s and 90s, also typically had a code for Pioneer LD players, which would work too. He also said that some of the RCA dimensia remotes had an AUX button which could be programmed for both RCA and Pioneer LD players.

Last edited by Raintree on Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OneForAll and Radio Shack (3-in-One etc) older remotes may be versions of the same unit in many cases and there is a remote control site with codes, programming info, manuals and forums http://www.remotecentral.com/ that will be invaluable!
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent you an email, Raintree...

If my friend will handle the shipping on his account like he did for the Frankenstereo, will that work for the LD-600?

Did it finally go?

It would be the equivalent of an SX-1250 to me as the owner of a lot of Pioneers and the answer to my LD collecting wants and needs, for all of those Discovision titles I would like to get.
Raintree

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why should a CED fan also get LDs?

Well, this ebay listing of 33 discs and box sets which sold recently at less than $2 per disc/set when factoring in shipping is a good example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HUGE-LOT-Laserdisc-Movie-Collection-33-Titles-50-Movies-Many-still-sealed-/111438761170?fe_1_6=&nma=true&si=qTU89VlVhW9ginQfqdDNxSaFNdE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557#ht_1791wt_900

In my opinion, all of those are worth $2 each, and even more. Just the 4 disc box set of The Art of Buster Keaton is worth the whole auction practically, That's nearly every film Keaton ever made. Also Lon Chaney (sr) and a bunch of Laurel & Hardy rarities.

So guys, there are still 4 LD players left...
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$13 and 45 shipping?

I'm not sure the seller broke even. MAN...

I will say that it seems like they made a lot of those classic movie LDs and also a lot of concert titles, which was never really addressed in the nature of CED releases and so many concerts from then never got to DVD.

I have an entire set of LDs for The Prisoner as well as one with Scaramouch, and a number of opera titles with Kiri Te Kanawa, Domingo, Pavarotti, Nureyev. I have Woodstock on VHS, LD (whoops, almost typed LSD!) AND CED plus Tommy, Elton John's 1992? Barcelona concert...on LD, ABBA and the Fleetwood Mac Discovision titles, or at least the ABBA disc comes from a Discovision pressing and the audio has some phasing errors.
Raintree

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure the seller thought there would be more than ine bid, but maybe the shipping made some think twice.

Still, with all those discs and box sets, that shipping would be about right if it was not media rate, a package I'd estimate at 50 lbs.

A great lot of classics!
CEDvince

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My LD-660 came in the mail yesterday! Raintree packed it up very safely and it works great.
2 - RCA SGT-200
2-RCA SJT-400
slatton86

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm just skimming on my phone. Is the Magnavox still up for grabs? My zip code is 22938. I may be interested in the cld-980 as well depending on shipping costs, just in case I ever need parts for mine.
stdjsb25

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raintree wrote:
Why should a CED fan also get LDs?

Well, this ebay listing of 33 discs and box sets which sold recently at less than $2 per disc/set when factoring in shipping is a good example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HUGE-LOT-Laserdisc-Movie-Collection-33-Titles-50-Movies-Many-still-sealed-/111438761170?fe_1_6=&nma=true&si=qTU89VlVhW9ginQfqdDNxSaFNdE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557#ht_1791wt_900

In my opinion, all of those are worth $2 each, and even more. Just the 4 disc box set of The Art of Buster Keaton is worth the whole auction practically, That's nearly every film Keaton ever made. Also Lon Chaney (sr) and a bunch of Laurel & Hardy rarities.

So guys, there are still 4 LD players left...

I will agree with that reason......I got about 35 titles for $70 at one time with my last LD player a few years. One of the titles was "Let it Be", a highly sought after title. Resold it by itself for $96.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: