CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rix give away...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raintree

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject: Rix give away... Reply with quote

Hi, again, all...

Dad wants me to let you know that he wants to give away several laserdisc players to anyone here who wants one. Also eventually about 1000 CED discs to give away. That means I have to catalog the discs, These are duplicates he won't keep and others he doesn't want anymore as well, as we need to make room for PT equipment.

About the LD players, there's about 8 or 9 players with remotes he will give to anyone who wants one, but you have to pay shipping. We figured about $30 west of the Missippi river and about $40 east, or thereabouts via Fedex.

The players work and have remotes, and are single side players just like CED players. Most are Pioneer with a few Panasonic & others. I'll put up a list if there is any serious interest.

The discs will need time to catalog, so that won't happen real soon.
blindfury420

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be some people from here who want the players! As for me I am more interested in the disc's. I can wait for the list no problem!

McMicheal 5001h
Hitachi VIP202P
JCP 686-5705
RCA SKT265, SKT300
RCA SJT400X, SJT425
jeff7624

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: LD player Reply with quote

I would certainly be interested in one. Just recently got into collecting CED's and have been eyeing LD players too. No real preference but the Pioneer models would be top on my list. Guess the best way to get at me is email:
stringham.4(@)osu.edu (not sure if this will delete email addresses so take out the brackets Smile Sounds like it might be time to start another collecting obsession to me!
Raintree

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I checked all of them out for operation, and so here's the list of players we have to give away:

MAGNAVOX CDV-474 = Two Available (Same as Philips CDV 475) Made by Philips-Magnavox who put out the first LD player for sale to the public.

PANASONIC LX-120 (aka LX-101)

PANASONIC LX-121 (industrial-duty player version of LX-101)

PIONEER CLD-V2600 (industrial-duty player)

PIONEER CLD-980

PIONEER CLD-1070 = Two Available

You can see photos of these models at:

http://www.laserdiscarchive.co.uk/

Like stated, the players will come with remotes. These LD players are slimmer profile and sleeker design than the dual sided players which are pretty thick, and more of a match to the later model RCA players.

I calculated shipping a little better, and it looks like for Rocky Mt states and West Coast, the price would be $30, for the midwest and plains states and mid-south, around $35, and for East Coast around $40. Since I have to purchase shipping materials, I'd have to add $5 to that. This will be new boxes, doyble box packing and styrofoam protection.

Of the above, my personal favorites are the Magnavox players for their appearance. They have a sleek front face without protruding buttons, and most operations are controled by teh remote. After that, I like the Panasonics, but again this is strictly by appearance.
Raintree

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, here's a better photo of the Magnavox players, from an old auction site:

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/197003

They put a sticker on it, but otherwise, you can get a better idea of it.

I forgot a couple of things to mention.

These players I listed all have both A/V output and RF channel 3/4 output like the better CED players, and are stereo and play both analog and digital soundtracks.

The other is that Dad has two vintage flip-top model players as well, but he wants to get a little something for them, not just free. They are:

Pioneer LD-600
Magnavox VC-8010

These are the ones where the top lid flips open and the disc is set on the tray and it plays after the lid is closed. They have the sturdy long-life Helium Gas lasers rather than the diode lasers.
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested in the CEDs too Smile I would love a CED player, I'd be happy to pay whatever I need to pay.
SKT-100
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a Laser Disc Player from Rick, 2 actually.
SKT-100
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much for the Pioneer LD 600 player? Can you shoot me an email to Beetlescott@msn.com? With a price? Just put Rick in the subject line.
SKT-100
Raintree

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, email was sent.

I don't know about the CED players as yet. He said that he has some players for a person here named Blindfury, players that need a little work, something like 4 or 6 players.

The discs are a daunting task, there are boxes and boxes of them here! Is there anyone in Sothern CA in this membership who might be interested in a few hundred? You'd have to pick them up.
blindfury420

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitely interested in the ced players and disc's for sure! And disc's! But I do not live in cali. I am in Michigan.

McMicheal 5001h
Hitachi VIP202P
JCP 686-5705
RCA SKT265, SKT300
RCA SJT400X, SJT425
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was trying to get an sft 100 cover from rix but i was supposed to mail the sgt 100 cover i have in its place, any chance i can just buy the cover?
Raintree

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blindfury420 wrote:
I'm definitely interested in the ced players and disc's for sure! And disc's! But I do not live in cali. I am in Michigan.

Sorry, when I said "here" I meant here on the forum not here in this locality. He has either 4 or 6 free players to send you if you still want them. They are complete but need either repair or to be used for parts.

Any of the LD player that don't get taken will be given away locally after a few weeks. That's not a bad deal considering the remote also comes with the player.
Raintree

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops, hit post key by mistake.
CEDvince

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SelectaVision420 wrote:
i was trying to get an sft 100 cover from rix but i was supposed to mail the sgt 100 cover i have in its place, any chance i can just buy the cover?

I still have a near perfect SGT-100 cover if you need it.
Shoot me an email
vincemorgan89@gmail.com
2 - RCA SGT-200
2-RCA SJT-400
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if you saw my thread, I'm looking for a J/K front.
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CEDvince wrote:
SelectaVision420 wrote:

I still have a near perfect SGT-100 cover if you need it.
Shoot me an email
vincemorgan89@gmail.com

i think you misunderstood what i was saying
Jesse Skeen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd drive to Southern CA (roughly 8 hours from where I am) for any rare discs, like any unreleased titles (Story of O) or stuff like that.
Gunner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:29 am    Post subject: players Reply with quote

I am in Toronto but I think the wife might have an issue with me driving for 5 days to Cali just to score some CED..........lol......wait......maybe I can take her to Disneyland......hmmmmmmm..............
Raintree

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are mostly going to be a big variety of all classes of discs, but I doubt if there are any of those extremely rare one of a kind discs, as Dad likely will keep those. Pretty much it is for somebody who only has a collection of a few and wants to jump to several hundred right away.

You'd practically need to be close by considering the weight of several hundred discs, since each disc is 1.4 lbs! The upside is that they are all stored properly, meaning NOT FLAT but on their side, and they are almost all in those solid, strong milk crates that are hard to get, and make the discs easier to move.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: