CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SelectaVision Cardboard Standee Ad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tophatsasquatch

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject: SelectaVision Cardboard Standee Ad Reply with quote

Hey guys! I'm new to the forum and I wanted to share this cool Selectavision cardboard standee I've had for a while. Even though CED was dead by the time I was a baby, I grew up in a house with a player and a few huge stacks of videodiscs, so it'll always be a huge part of my nostalgia and I'm currently looking to get back into it. I sold off the family player at a garage sale back in high school (and regret it) but luckily I kept a few of my favorite discs.

I live in Indianapolis and never even knew the discs were manufactured here, so that makes me want to start collecting even more. I look forward to learning more here on the forum!
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that, is pretty cool, the sgt 200 was the first stereo player
tophatsasquatch

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SelectaVision420 wrote:

Cool! Are they pretty easy to fix and maintain? I'm looking into tracking one down.
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back to the format, very nice cardboard advertisement. I like how it is for stereo players and disc yet all the discs are in white caddies. This must have been a very early ad or something. Thanks for sharing, it is one i have not seen yet. I have tons of players and discs but no extra stereo players unfortunately. Let me know if there are any specific titles you are looking for.
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tophatsasquatch wrote:
SelectaVision420 wrote:

Cool! Are they pretty easy to fix and maintain? I'm looking into tracking one down.

yes they are very simple to work on, they are like the simpler f/g players, but with stereo sound, the only difference between it and the sgt250 is it lacks the remote function of the 250
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the world of CED collecting!!! I live in Louisville, and come to Indy when I can in search of all things CED. There is an antique mall on I-65 call Exit 76 Antique Mall, that my wife and I love to visit. I have found a few CEDs there, as well as a player. I believe Indy would be the best place to look for players, discs, and things like your stands like yours. I have about 400 dupes most in A-1 condition, if you would like any I will let you have them for a VERY GOOD price, and I could bring them up to you to avoid the expensive shipping charges. Shoot me an email to Beetlescott@msn.com! Be sure and put CED in the subject line.
SKT-100
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: