CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RCA Dimensia SPK500

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
James488

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: RCA Dimensia SPK500 Reply with quote

Hey guys. Someone i know has a pair of these speakers and is trying to sell them. I looked around the site and others but couldn't find any information on them. He's asking 250 but I could prolly get them for cheaper. I"m just interested in how much these may be worth and if i should get them.
Ron Rendfeld

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: Speakers Reply with quote

I watch ebay auctions for Dimensia components.
Last May a pair of nearly perfect SPK375 speakers - Very similar to the SPK500 - sold, on ebay, for $208.05 + shipping $40.00.
In July a Dimensia system - Amp, Tuner, CD player, VCR with manuals and cables - sold for $130.
In August a more complete system sold for $212.
A few weeks ago another pair of SPK375 speakers that needed reconed sold for $22.

A few days ago a pair of SPK375 speakers that worked well but looked like they had been beaten with big bricks were given away on the local "Freecycle List".
A local pawn shop had a pair of SPK500 that they sold for $100.

So! If you know someone who really wants them - $200. to $250 if Perfect! Some scratches and dings $50 - $150 depending.
If the speakers are scratched/dented or need reconed or other major repair...give them away and save the effort of finding a buyer.

Ron
James488

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THanx a ton. I think i'll try to haggle them down to around 150 then.
James488

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more question concerning the SPK500s.

Would it be worthwhile to get these for around 150 bucks, or should I buy some new speakers in the same range. I'm just not sure about how good these speakers would be compared to equivalent new speakers.
Ron Rendfeld

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Speakers Reply with quote

Good Spealers are expensive. Really good speakers are VERY expensive.
Really GREAT speakers cost more than really good speakers.
In 1986 the SPK500 were really good speakers. I think - If they are in good shape - they are going to be better than anything you can buy 'New" for $150 a pair but are they in good shape? Take the fabric panel off and look very closely at everything. Any tears or dints in the cones will cost to fix. Hook them up and see how they sound and how they respond to different tones at low volume.

I'd offer $50 to start you can always offer more later.

Your best bet is to look at some new speakers that are similar - construction, size,power and compare them to the SPK500s.

The SPK500 are similar to the SPK375 but the 500s are 8 Ohms ,max power is 160Watts peak and the case is taller so no floor stands.

You could do a search on ebay of completed auctions.

Ron
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: