CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SFT-100W won't power on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SFT-100W owner

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: SFT-100W won't power on Reply with quote

Hello, hope someone has a suggestion for me-

My SFT-100W worked fine about 1 year ago, the last time I remember using it.

I was going to use it this evening but after 20 minutes of playing around with it I couldn't get any indication that it was receiving power, no lights, no sound, completely dead machine.

I trouble shot the extension cord, it worked just fine on 2 vcrs and a turntable so at this point I'm 100% sure it's my CED player acting up.

Anyone know what could of caused this? I am hoping it's a simple fix but I am fearing the worst.

Thanks!
jeff7624

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that on mine there are a couple fuses on the top main board, I would check those or the actual power switch that is inside the unit. Not sure if those would be the culprit but I would assume that it would be more likely to be something simple like that
Mayor West

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuses are a great thing to check, and easy to replace. But, remember that if they are blown, they blew for a reason. You may be on an adventure, luckily it sounds like there are repair manuals out there to help.

Sams Manual on SFT 100

Good luck, and let us know what you find.
SFT-100W owner

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!! I've never taken the lid off so I had no idea what was in there, sounds like I've got some work to do.
jeff7624

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you remove all the screws on the bottom you have to kinda work the top half of. Setting the load control about 1/2 was in the middle makes it easier. Just take it slow so you don't break anything. Look for any burnt components on the boards and smell it as fried components smell really awful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: