CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What did you last purchase??
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dumbchemist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday, I got an NOS (according to the seller) Hitachi style stylus that fits the Sears 934 series players off E-bay. This now gives me 4 styluses for 3 Sears players. I will be testing it soon. If it does not work, I will send it to CEDatum for evaluation/repairs.

The stylus costs $64.99. That is not bad when you consider that i bought the same stylus off Sears in 1987 for $90. (Talk about sticker shock!!)
GEN10301
RCA SJT-200 SJT-400
DiskLord DP-830
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot me an email, I have one that has already been to John's I can let you have it for 40.00!!
SKT-100
tophatsasquatch

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up a lot of CED discs on the ShopGoodwill.com site just to get the Spider-Man animated cartoon disc, because I'm a sucker for the kids CED releases.
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Green Berets
Sergeant York
Saturday the 14th
10 to Midnight
SKT-100
Dude111

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got an original analog master copy of ITS A WONDERFUL LIFE the other day! (1946)

Purity is very important to me... This is the nicest copy of this movie I have ever seen!!!!

I thought it would be when I saw 1981 on the back on the tape box.....

It is georgeous Smile (The whole 130 mins)

Last edited by Dude111 on Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jesse Skeen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest CED acquisition was "Suspicion" a few months ago, an unreleased title found at a local antique mall. It was in the first Superbowl disc caddy with a handwritten label on the front. Was really lucky to find this, especially so far from Indianapolis!

Yesterday being Black Friday, I bought a ton of Blu-Ray discs, and have a few more on their way in the mail (including the 3D edition of Step Up All In from England, since they stupidly released it only in 2D in the US.)
Dude111

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I last got a VHS tape Smile

"Improper channels" (1981) - Original 1982 release
Jesse Skeen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have that on CED too? It was available on that format. (Reminds me I recently got a replacement CED of that as the one I had wasn't in great shape, but haven't watched the new one to make sure it's really in better condition!)
Eric420

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got my first CED! A Zenith VP 2000 along with the black stallion , the graduate , show boat, Kramer vs Kramer, north by northwest, butch cassidy and the Sundance kid , ordinary people, the African queen , the great escape, citizen Kane , that's entertainment,singin in the rain and Casablanca for only $50 I'm now in love with videodisk!
NorCalRailRoader

Location: Redwood Valley, CA (Mendocino County, rural Northwestern California)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My last CED purchase was the 'Towering Inferno' from eBay, it's a 2 disc set, it's mono but the sound and picture are pretty good. That's an awesome film by the way, and chock full of famous actors, many of whom are, sadly, no longer with us. My last eBay purchase was 'Tremors II' Laserdisc, Letterbox edition, I LOVE the Tremors series!
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorCalRailRoader wrote:
My last CED purchase was the 'Towering Inferno' from eBay, it's a 2 disc set, it's mono but the sound and picture are pretty good. That's an awesome film by the way, and chock full of famous actors, many of whom are, sadly, no longer with us. My last eBay purchase was 'Tremors II' Laserdisc, Letterbox edition, I LOVE the Tremors series!

the guy who plays burt gummer is a huge model railroader, i saw him on an episode of whats neat with ken patterson Smile
Eric420

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just picked up 500 CED the other week, still trying to organise them lol
Dude111

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I last got a VHS movie Smile

Harry and son (1984)
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: No SV stuff lately, just some neat OT... Reply with quote

Not that much in the way of video items.

I got a 1946 Shelby Traveler, ~1966 Huffy ladies' 26" lightweight project and next month I get a 50's straightbar Schwinn Red Hornet in time for Christmas.

That and a Sansui 3300 receiver, which I'm LOVING.

Right now I'm working to get bike projects finished and build a rack area for my six bikes and be ready for Christmas and the possibility of another horrible winter like last year (Snowmageddon). The weather service says it will be colder than normal but no huge snow turning into ice and collapsing buildings, Old Farmer's Almanac is gloom and doom.

I spent months going through the house and clearing etc. and cleaning to pass the rental program inspection.

As much as I've wanted to either fix up my SGT 250 or find a 200 or another 300 things are out of reach on eBay and people post FS at impossible times for me as I budget for the next month at the least and it's FCFS. The TV reception hasn't been optimal for me since a storm a couple months ago that didn't really affect the channels I have trouble with (one side of the middle of the VHF elements is drooping) and my UHF has a 4-element reflector chained in and the whole thing was fixed up by an actual station engineer about two years ago and the position was fixed, it's not supposed to move.

I get my own Christmas presents basically because I don't expect more than shoes or clothing (or LEFTOVERS. and I chip in as much as possible for holiday dinners as well).

I hope to get back into my AV stuff in the new year.
JohnnyBoy83

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a selectavision RCA tv ..and a high end sony vcr model slv r1000
Eric420

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got VCR/dvd player about 100 vhs and about 20 are Disney movies Smile great memory's !
Dude111

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other day I finally got THE GOONIES (1985) recorded off analogue cable! (Cinemax - 1986)

Oh my its goregous...... On its official VHS tape its been DIGITALLY PROCESSED and doesnt look or sound as good..... Even the Japanese release is!! (I think the videodisc is the only analog release not digitally altered)

It looks thin and disgusting......... Audio crappy...... Hearing the straight analog audio from Cinemax on analogue cable is amazing!!

The pic is good also... It has depth and is just gorgeous!

I also got THE BREAKFAST CLUB (1985) recorded from HBO (26/12/86)

Audio is goregous on it also.... That movie is MONO and I dont think the official MCA tape is... It doesnt sound as good or warm @ all..... and the picture sucks.... Its flat looking and just disgusting!
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the Fleetwood Mac Live Mirage Tour '82 CED for $9 from eBay. It's been a good year so far for music...Asia, Harry Chapin and Rush. Not bad seeing that most of my money goes to bikes, bills and Christmas right now. I'd like to get more but I won't get Paypal, I have a friend help me and everyone joining lately wants to sell their entire collection at once.

I see a number of SGT 200s and a 250 in need of repairs and I still want a second player or to fix my 250.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got kind of lucky on ebay a week or so ago. They sent me a coupon for $15 off a $30 purchase. I found a CED seller who had some good titles, $3 each, free shipping when you buy 10 or more. That meant I got 10 CEDs shipped to my door for $15! Nothing super rare, but nice stuff to have, like Carlin on Campus, a couple of Star Treks, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Cujo, Planet of the Apes, Goldfinger, etc.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eBay has been running a sale promotion this month, that must be it.

That is a nice set of titles! Congratulations on a great shopping session.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my case, I think was an incentive due to an inactive account. I don't know of anyone else who got that promo.

I got a nice deal on Craigslist today. About 70 disks and an SGT075 for $60. The owner was clearly faithful to the end because the lot included Rocky IV, Jewel of the Nile, Jedi, and other late titles, including a few white caddy stereo issues.

The player works too, but I think the stylus is going because the picture is kind of unsteady. Still no complaints!
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds more like belts or gears than a cartridge.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite possibly belts. I let it run for most of an hour and things improved noticeably. Also switched my TV to 4:3 instead of "auto zoom" and that made it much more watchable. Some colors seem to be a bit washed out. Could be the disk.

I have 2 grade A- carts coming back from CEDatum soon and will try one of those in this player. I'll also be ordering belts. I probably won't keep the SGT075 once I have a better player though, as it has only "visual search" and no "rapid access".
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gimme Shelter - The Rolling Stones
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are till there and have that option can you try 14:9? I find that works well with my SD HDTV converter box for broadcast HD to NTSC.

As for the discounts, eBay is still runing promotions. Evter a code for $5.00 off a purchase, which in the case of many CEDs makes them dirt cheap.

I f9und that for $5.50 (he gave me a discount of half a buck out of gratitude I think because he hasn't had any luck with selling CEDs) and under $4 for shipping the price he asked was fair enough.
dumbchemist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few weeks ago, I got a VHD player off E-bay, a DiskLord DP-830. I have tested it and it works perfectly. I used my VHD of 2001 as the test disc (the only VHD I have right now).

Does anyone know of a place to buy VHD's at a reasonable price, preferably in the US? Paying $40 with free shipping for one disc is just too much.

Perhaps someone has a VHD collection they would like to reduce in size?
GEN10301
RCA SJT-200 SJT-400
DiskLord DP-830
jsdspif

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a stereo alignment ced. The photos of it only showed one side of the disc and it looked like it had some pretty heavy scratches on it, but I'm hoping the opposite side is ok. I haven't checked it out yet. For that matter, I'm not positive it's got the same thing on both sides, but that's how the mono alignment disc is.I think I only paid $10 and 5 to ship it so if it is bad I'm not out much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: