CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Toshiba player

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbertra2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Toshiba player Reply with quote

Anyone out there use the Toshiba player.
I have purchased three off of ebay and repaired them myself.
They are very easy to repair and are very durable.
I have two stereo adaptors and three remotes.
I have transfered a few CEDs to DVD and haved noticed that during the MPEG processing that it improves the color.
They actually look better after the transfer.

Charles in Indy
Jesse Skeen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where have you found the stereo adaptors? I've never seen one, but noticed all the Toshiba and Elmo players (from the same manufacturer) had the adaptor jack on the back. There was one for the Hitachi and Realistic players too; I've never seen one of those either except once on an Ebay auction someone was selling a player with the adaptor and a ton of discs. I would have grabbed it but shipping would have just been too much.
cbertra2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two of the players came with the adaptors and remotes and one player came with just a remote. I also have an SKT-400 that I bought at Goodwill for $5.99. I had to sacrifice a SKT-090 to get it to work but it was worth it. I then bought a remote for the 400 from CED central.
I also have a Hitachi VP-1000 with the stereo adaptor and remote that plays perfect. Stylus is no longer available for any of Hitachi brand of players so I don't want to put further wear on the stylus. I took the mother board out of a Realistic player and put it in the Hitachi to get it to work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: