CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Price guide/price checks?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vibri2001

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Price guide/price checks? Reply with quote

Is there any type of a price guide to get a rough idea of what CEDs go for? I bought a collection and have an offer to purchase one title in particular but I don't want to charge too little or too much. The problem is that this is a very rare title and there is not a listing on Amazon, Half.com or eBay I can use as a reference. The title is 'The Visitor [Mick Fleetwood]'. CED Magic lists it as very rare which explains why I cannot find a recent auction for it.

Thank you

Charlie

(my first post by the way, I will be back with more questions I'm sure once I get my player set up and start enjoying my discs).
Rixrex

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody here was looking for that title.
vibri2001

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I was browsing the other threads after I posted this and I think I found the person I got the CEDs from and the one who is interested in this particular title. I was just trying to figure out what a fair price would be. Are the 'Very Rare' titles typically $5, $50, $20? I guess I can look at some other titles with the same rarity and see if ay of those have sold on eBay.
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually just got the Mick Fleetwood disc on ebay.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=301103586391

19 discs for 45 and I'd say at least 2 of them are harder to find than the Fleetwood disc. Pretty sure I saw one listed on ebay a while back for $5 and it didn't even sell. But it is harder to find.

You also have to understand that "rating system" is just a general guideline. It was just made up by Tom according to how hard he felt the discs were to find. But some discs are abundant in say New York and the same disc may be scarce in San Francisco. Plus that list was made probably 20 years ago. Plus going by prices on ebay or Amazon isn't always accurate either. I've seen discs on ebay listed for $80 and the same disc for $5 on Amazon and vice versa.

If I had an extra Fleetwood disc I would let it go between probably $15-$25 depending on condition.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: