CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wanted: RCA SKT400
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick Picciuolo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Wanted: RCA SKT400 Reply with quote

Looking to buy a working,cosmetically nice RCA SKT400.
If you have one at a decent price please let me know.

Thank You
Rick Picciuolo
Glenn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: RCA 400 Reply with quote

Does it have to be a SKT instead of a SJT? I have a SJT400 I purchased new and it is complete with everything...remote, manual, original box, etc. I purchased two of these when RCA closed down CED's and sold the first one on ebay some time ago. It is in mint condition as is the remote.
Rick Picciuolo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glen,

What would you want for it?

Thanks
Rick
Rixrex

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like it would be as good as any SKT you might find. In all the years of seeing players come and go, I have only had one SKT 400, which I still have. It's a great player, but the SJT 400s seems just as good. Mine arrived wrecked but I repaired it as you can see here in a post dated 6-18:

http://www.cedmagic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2081

Obviously not original in appearance, it still works fabulously even though arriving in bad shape. But I find the SJT 400s to be just as nice in operation
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For everyone's reference...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=291059944998

is an SKT 400.

Rixrex can dissect this auction no doubt and give us an idea if this player is real or hype.

Something seems oddly familiar about the scenery, but I may be wrong.
Rixrex

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It certainly seems like the real thing, and overall pretty nice. I think the buy it now price is too high.
Rick Picciuolo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The price is TOO high.
Don't want to spend that much on a unit.
Rick Picciuolo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenn,

I am interested in the SJT400 that you have.
Send me an email with your asking price.

Thank You
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick you clearly don't know what the 400's are worth. The only one you're going to find for under $200 is a broken one. That's how I got mine. Got it off ebay for $80 plus $25 shipping, listing said it wouldn't take a disc and made a humming noise. Well I took it apart and the bar that lifts the front cover up had fallen off and it needed a new belt. Got those fixed and it works great now. I've only seen 2 or 3 of the SKT400's sell and they go from $200 up to $400 depending on condition and accessories. This one on ebay appears to be cherry and I don't think he will have any problem getting close to $400 for it. I mean the stylus alone is about $50, the remote is about $50 (although it's the wrong remote SJT model), manual, original box, and the machine itself looks great, and on top of that it works. I really haven't seen too many 400's on ebay lately, last one I saw was Ryans and I think he charges $325 for them, and they sell for that. So if you don't want to spend much Rick you best be looking for a broken one and hope it only needs a belt or something simple.
Rick Picciuolo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. I clearly don't know what the 400's are worth, and I don't know a lot about CED players in general.
I'm just going with Rixrex's view because he seems very knowledgeable. I was just asking for the SKT400 because they seemed like a nice model and one of the later ones. Later models on any electronics are generally more reliable then earlier generations, after all the "bugs" have been worked out.
You can go on and on about what this part is worth and what that part is worth, but if the 400's are too expensive then I'll settle for a less expensive
model.
I don't claim to be an expert, I just want a player that is in decent shape and works. It doesn't necessarily have to be a 400.
Rixrex

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick, do you have any current SJT or SKT models? Or I guess I should ask what you have right now?

I am in disagreement about the $400 BIN price as I don't think it is worth that much or will sell for that much. Let's see what happens, however, I might be mistaken on this. I do agree that you might be able to get a better deal by finding one that has a problem that can be fixed without too much trouble.

I have an upcoming project that will be made out of an SJT 400 that came from Guam with some rust and mechanical damage, and I plan on taking an SJT or SKT 100 and turning it into a stereo model using the 400. I've done three projects like this already with positive results. I don't typically keep these projects except for the SKT that I did in black.

Another alternative is to go for a 300 series which is really a very good player and a lot less in cost typically than a 400. You maybe can buy a 300 plus an SGT 250 and a remote that operates both of them for the price of a 400.
ketonic_dude

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one was just listed if your still looking for a 400 series. Sounds like it might just need a belt. Comes with pretty much everything. It's very reasonable price for a 400, especially if it only needs a $3 belt. Just thought I'd share.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=251429602842
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU, Josh, that's much better! Even if it were worse, Rixrex could have that going in a snap...
Rixrex

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent an email directly to Rick to let hime know and even offered a free belt for getting it going if he buys it. Hope he sees the email soon,
Rick Picciuolo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just snatched up the SJT 400! The unit looks like it's in mint shape too!
I would love the belt!! That is so great of you!!

All you guys are awesome. Thanks!!
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool beans! are you going to seek interactive discs too?

a lot of people getting into it are asking for j/k 400's they are super swell but dont forget about the other lovely models RCA made!
Rixrex

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear it. I sent you email so to get your address for sending the belt and installation instructions too.

Also sent you my packing tips too.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We aim to please, and we don't like to miss! Laughing
Glenn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Why do I have all this stuff? Reply with quote

What would be the top you would be willing to pay? May 2, 2005 I sold my other 400 on ebay for $275.00. I have no idea if they can still pull in this kind of money. I sell a lot of my toys (all in mint condition) on ebay. I just have too much stuff. I still have over 125 CED discs including some random access made for the 400 players.
I just never watch CED anymore. I still have two 300 players also purchased new.
I bought a lot of stuff new when CED was going out and everything was a lot cheaper.
I really need to list this stuff on ebay I am retired and you would think I have lots of time to do that but somehow I just don't. So make me an offer and let's see where we are. If I can give you any help give me a shout.

Oh yeah, I also have a SGT250 boxed up, hardly used since the day I bought it. I liked the style of the 250. Also have lots of CED literature and monthly catalogs of new releases, and two never used stylus/cartridge for the 300/400. What am I doing with all this stuff?
blindfury420

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He Glenn what would you want for the sgt-250? The paper work I'd like too. Also is the the 300 an skt model? Box too?

McMicheal 5001h
Hitachi VIP202P
JCP 686-5705
RCA SKT265, SKT300
RCA SJT400X, SJT425
Rixrex

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are we all doing with so much stuff? I bet Fury has so many players he could open a store. I know I could. I still have, at last count, over 40 CED players, and about the same number of LD players.

Just when I thought I was whittling the lot down, I got a deal on 20 LD players for $10 each that needed work. Turned out that all but two only needed belts, so I have those sitting in the storeroom now also.

Along with the players, there's about 2,000 extra CEDs beyond what we have for ourselves to watch.
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blindfury420 wrote:
He Glenn what would you want for the sgt-250? The paper work I'd like too. Also is the the 300 an skt model? Box too?

i wana know which remote it came with if it pops up!
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blindfury's got an SKT400 on eBay, all prettied up!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321310976354
Rixrex

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belt was mailed out a couple of days ago with installation instructions.

Please post your results once you get it installed!
blindfury420

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kitchensynch wrote:
Blindfury's got an SKT400 on eBay, all prettied up!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321310976354

I do!

If anybody from here wanted it I will go way lower than what it is posted at! All they gotta do is say who they are from cedmagic and price goes waaay down!

McMicheal 5001h
Hitachi VIP202P
JCP 686-5705
RCA SKT265, SKT300
RCA SJT400X, SJT425
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm broke now and don't have Paypal so checkout doesn't even like me but I had to shout out as we did have a member asking about one.

You were the one that encouraged me to join after all.
blindfury420

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahah that is awesome kitchen! Forgive me for not remembering though, as I try to tell everyone who knows of ced's to come here!

I will take payment in any form honestly! Cash, paypal, crypto, or money order. So if I ever have anything you see on ebay or here don't worry!

I wish I would have had it when they wanted one but the one they bought is actually cleaner! So they will be good!

McMicheal 5001h
Hitachi VIP202P
JCP 686-5705
RCA SKT265, SKT300
RCA SJT400X, SJT425
Rick Picciuolo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got a chance to install the belt for the SJT 400. Haven't had time before now,
been swamped at work.

Disc loads terrific now, but disc just spins and all I hear is
"click click...click click...click click" at like 5 second intervals and arm doesn't seem to move forward.
There are onscreen prompts such as "Load disc" and "Eject" but no picture.
None of the buttons on the front will work when I push them. Loaded remote with fresh batteries, nothing.Have to turn power
off then on and then push eject to get it to unload disc.
There were two "shipping" screws that I removed AFTER I powered on the unit,
when I finished installing the belt.
It froze up and I had to manually move the gears to get it to "reset" itself,
then it loaded fine.I was so hoping this
unit would work without a lot of problems. when I had the cover off, the internal part was like new!!

I didn't screw anything up by not removing these shipping screws before I powered the unit on did I?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thank You
blindfury420

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The clicking you hear is the stylus trying to set down. All you probably need is a cleaned stylus or at worst a rebuilt stylus. You can try and clean it your self with rubbing alcohol and an artist brush but you will only get so much with a microscope to really see that its clean. Cedatum offers a free cleaning, and can re tension the fly lead or rebuild the entire stylus for a fee.

Really the only thing you can ruin by turning on a player with shipping screws in, is the third reduction gear on the right side that touches the stylus arm and moves it out. If you didn't load a disc you should actually be ok as I don't think the stylus arm moves at all until the disc is fully loaded and spun up to speed.

McMicheal 5001h
Hitachi VIP202P
JCP 686-5705
RCA SKT265, SKT300
RCA SJT400X, SJT425
Rick Picciuolo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After I replaced the belt and still nothing, I did some research and came across the same information about the stylus that you gave me. So I bought a replacement for the unit. I figured I'll clean the one and have a spare around as well.

Hopefully that should solve the problem.
Thanks for all the help!!

Rick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: