CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zenith VP-2000 MANUAL!?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atozeghers

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Zenith VP-2000 MANUAL!?! Reply with quote

Hi there,

Just having a technical problem with my Zenith VP-2000 player!! So sad! Just wondering if anyone has the manual that comes with this player so I can try to identify what the problem is!

When I insert a disk, everything works fine... the disk starts spinning, everything seems to be working... the stylus is touching down on the disc... but the display - which usually reads a certain number based on where it is in the movie's duration - just has two horizontal lines like " - - " . No video signal is coming from the player at all, and the fast forward buttons don't have any effect... aka. the cartridge doesn't move at all, however, the motor that moves the cartridge does appear to be working and the belt is good.

How do I know if the stylus is kaput? Is there a simple way to tell just by looking at it? It looks like the tip of the stylus is still as it should be...

Thanks for the help!

Best,

-Aaron
Rixrex

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to replace the stylus with a known good working stylus to make certain that is what it is. That's the first thing to do in this situation. Or get your stylus cleaned/rebuilt by CEDatum.

An owners manual, aka user manual, won't give you insight as to why the display is as it is. There's really little information in any user manual that goes into such problems, as no manufacturer would ever want to state in print to a new purchaser all the problems that might arise.

The manual you seek is the service manual. But best to get a working stylus and try that first.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: