CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aloha Conference CEDs on YouTube

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jesse Skeen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Aloha Conference CEDs on YouTube Reply with quote

I just uploaded the disc for the first session of the 1984 Aloha Conference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw-QSeOI68g

The disc for the second session: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGt_zdEGe0Q

And the "Catch the Wave" disc sent to dealers to promote the program- those who sold the most players got to go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W11w8k3Kp20
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow cool! thanks for taking the time to put these up!
krbsforty

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: What happened? Reply with quote

I just tried to watch these videos, and only the Catch The Wave video works. The other videos have some kind of copyright notice on the screen. What happened to the videos? I am disappointed because I wanted to see them.
Jesse Skeen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first one is playing fine for me, but the 2nd is playing with picture but no sound. I know they were muting the sound on videos that had copyrighted music in them a few years ago but haven't seen them do that lately. Will have to just keep an eye on it. The music ID system they have is very inconsistent, as I recently uploaded an America's Top 10 TV show with Casey Kasem and had to cut all the music videos out before it was allowed on. Meanwhile someone's uploaded the SAME songs, as those type of videos with the song playing and just a still picture of the album cover, and those are up with no issues!
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a copyright issue you should have an email/notice from You Tube and a link to the dispute. You can resolve it in a few ways perhaps, by seeking clearance, maybe a link to sites where content is legally for sale or I don't know...Universal (MCA) is fairly strict, Warners is somewhat...the companies that form VEVO in general. If you can remove or filter some of the content to satisfaction or if the original poster of the programs has complained then you need to explain the purpose of the videos and how the IP is incidental in some acceptable manner.

I had this problem with one of my clips in which I used material from a so-called 'royalty-free' clip site and eventually the owner of the work the snippet was taken from files a complaint. It was resolved easily enough though when I explained where it came from and that I used it for simple dramatic effect in a strictly not for gain fashion (it was a documentary about a bike I built) and that I would work with them to clear it if I ever included in in a commercial endeavor. They allowed it and released the claim.

Are you certain that the producer of the video doesn't retain the rights, regardless of the state of the now-defunct RCA Corporation or that successors to the IPs and patents might object?
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever the issue is, Jesse, it must be resolved in a timely manner or you risk takedown and possible account termination from multiple infringements...it is a SERIOUS issue!

Ah...so YOU are eyeh8nbc! Smile

-steadfastcoward
Jesse Skeen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, because I HATE NBC! They were a pioneering network, but have since trashed their legacy by being the first of the 'big 3' networks to ruin the picture with their logo constantly onscreen, and when I put up a video demonstrating that they cried "copyright infringement!" on that and I had to remove it. The companies known today as NBC and RCA aren't even shadows of their former selves.

The 2nd Aloha Conference is still playing with no sound- I'll check it on my TV and Roku's YouTube apps later but going to sleep right now. Usually when copyrighted music is caught, it's done through some system that actually recognizes the songs and automatically flags them. I don't know how it works, but that's what it does. I had one video flagged for being a song that hadn't even been recorded yet when the content was made, but all that got was a notice placed next to it to buy the song on Amazon so no big deal there. There's a lot of familiar songs in the Aloha Conference videos, but the only one it seems to be recognizing is "Circus Polka" by Lawrence Welk, which I'm not even sure is really in them.
kitchensynch

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had copyright notices and no video for either last time I checked but that was a day or two ago.

Your problem might be exacerbated by the fact that Comcast owns NBCUniversal now.
Mayor West

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda on topic...I have been in the process of setting up my own private cloud or ftp client. I have numerous friends and family spread all over and I hope to use it as a home video and picture exchange, without the need for facebook, instagram, and youtube, to name a few.

Password protected folders for each family or individual or group and they choose what they want to share. HDD are so cheap I can operate my own cloud and control security and access for practically nothing.

I mention this as a potential way to freely share with those you wish, while avoiding broadcasting that material everywhere. I am just finessing my VPN and router settings and should be up soon.

Boooo youtube! No, actually, boooooo NBC Comcast! Wink

SJT300
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: