CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just got SGT-100 W w/ 29 Discs !!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DumpsterJ

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Just got SGT-100 W w/ 29 Discs !!! Reply with quote

Hey guys , today I found an RCA SGT-100 W Player with 29 discs at the thrift store for $30 !!! Its really cool. I had to dig out a long coax cable to hook it up but it works great !!!. Alot of good titles too. Rambo , star trek 1 and 2 , indiana jones , WOZ , TRON etc. It scales pretty well on the tv. I was surprised.

I have a couple of questions.

It has some of the white specks in playback like an old vcr tape. Is this from the output electronics being so old , the discs , or the reader head ? I did noticed some movies played more cleanly than others.

Is it safe to dust it out with a compressor ? It doesnt look too dirty inside but I just want to make sure it will last a while.

Even when the flipper is in the off position it still flashes L on the display. Is this normal or is the switch broken and it still on ? If so I should probably unplug it when not in use right ?

Mostly Im just excited to find this interesting relic and play with it. Thanks , Justin
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! You got a steal! I have 2 of this type of player, one of mine continues to flash L (load) in the off position. One thing you might try is try to push the flipper up a little bit more in the top position. The white specks may be the stylus. It may just need to be cleaned. You can contact CEDatum, mail your stylus to them, they will check it out, clean it for 8.00 bucks and get it back to you. There are more serious problems, but it's better to start with the simple ones. CEDatum does also sell stylus too. Good luck!!!!!! And welcome to the site!!! Oh, and do you get the white flecks in all of your movies? Sometimes a Disc may be the problem.
SKT-100
Rixrex

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As stated above, white specks are typically from stylus getting old. Good to send it to CEDatum, contact them at CEDatum.com

Lever cams are probably not properly aligned, see here for the repair of this, under subject MISALIGNED FUNCTION LEVER CAMS:

http://www.cedmagic.com/tech-info/repair-solutions.html

Not an easy undertaking, but with the right tools it can be done.

In fact it's a good idea to read through all of the information regarding CED players over at the CEDmagic web pages.

http://www.cedmagic.com/selectavision.html
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also a vacuum is far superior to blowing dust off, blowing dust will maybe add more contamination Smile
Rixrex

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vacuum is great for areas you can get to. A hair blow dryer with a COOL or COLD setting is also very good for those areas where vacuum cannot get. If you have a table fan blowing across the opened player while using a hair dryer on COOL, that will get all of the dust out and away from the player.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: