CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A pair of Hitachi VIP202P players with the same problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cedldlpcd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: A pair of Hitachi VIP202P players with the same problem Reply with quote

Hello there,

I have two PAL Hitachi VIP202P players with the same problem.

Upon inserting a disc the arm moves across to the beginning of the disc and produces no output, until around 30 seconds later and it moves back to the stand by position.

However if I press and hold the forward scan button after the arm has reached the beginning of the disc for a few seconds to move up the arm it plays the audio only from some point early in the disc until about 30 seconds later it goes back to the stand by position.

No picture of any kind is displayed.

The two stylus cartridges have both been cleaned by CEDatum.

One of the machines did at one point work, though now neither do.

Could any one of you offer some advice with which I may be able to get either or both players working again. I don't think it is a problem with the stylus, other wise I wouldn't hear audio.

All suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
cedwaechter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Hitachi players Reply with quote

I had the exact same issue with a Sears branded player earlier this year. Good stylus, new belts, cleaned you name it. Check you connections on the mother board and see if they are all connected tightly. Mine had been sent to Blindfury to see if he could repair it. The issue with mine was a bad I/C on the motherboard that is related to the video/audio output. So unfortunately it was DOA. You may be able to Frankenstein the 2 together to make a single one. Good luck!
cedldlpcd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: A pair of Hitachi VIP202P players with the same problem Reply with quote

On Sunday I managed to get the player that was working, working again.

The leg of a resistor on the printed side of the circuit board was touching the solder contact of another component on the unprinted side.

I bent it away and it now plays perfectly.

I'll replace the toothed belt, which I have yet to do on the other player and see if that helps.

I've already done the resistor trick for this player, but no luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: