CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zenith VP2000 Problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Zenith VP2000 Problems Reply with quote

I have a beautiful Zenith VP2000 that is one of my favorite players. It was a gift I received from a close pal. I haven't had the best of luck with getting a good picture ever. I have tried different cables, three different styli, and I can't get a good picture. It is a bit snowy, at best. I don't know what else to do. Does anyone have any ideas?
SKT-100
Rixrex

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is the sound?

Try switching the channel output switch back and forth while playing to see if you have a dirty or defective switch, or put it on the other channel.

Also try the RF connect socket to see if it can be wiggled and make a difference or if it has a bad internal connection.
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Rick, i'll try those 2 things.
SKT-100
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick do you mean leave the TV on the same station, and just work the switch back & forth to see if the picture clears up? I try it on both channels, no difference. If the RF connect socket is the post the coaxial cable goes on? Excuse my ignorance. Smile
SKT-100
Rixrex

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's what I meant. It's always good to rule out that possible problem of dirty or scratchy channel switch and the torublesome RF socket,

Since you have cleared that off the list, and it isn't the stylus, then I'm afraid it is in the circuitry, wiring and/or a bad solder joint or bad connection somewhere internally. This is a job for somebody with testing equipment, sorry to say.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: