CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mistakes on disc covers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jesse Skeen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Mistakes on disc covers Reply with quote

I've been going through my duplicate CEDs and checking them before putting them in the 'to sell' pile (if anyone has a specific title they're looking for let me know, I may have it). This one almost got by me, but I noticed one copy of "The Spy Who Loved Me" has a faint Columbia Pictures logo printed in light gray on the top-left of the cover, with the "United Artists Presents" stuff printed right on top of it! At first I thought there was a label for another title stuck under it, but it's actually printed there. The second copy I checked didn't have this, so I'm keeping both of them.

Another forum brought up the mis-printing of one title on the spine- "The Rig Red One". Though they say it was later corrected, every copy I've seen of this title has had the misprint.

"Gas Pump Girls" actually says "Laser Videodisc" on the spine! A few other Vestron titles have the "Manufactured By Pioneer Video" printed on the back cover, carried over from the laserdisc covers- bet Pioneer was mighty upset about that! "The Flamingo Kid" says "Duplicated exclusively on Maxell videotape", which technically might be true but still not too relevant to a videodisc release.

Anyone notice any other mistakes on CED covers, and know if they were later corrected?
Jesse Skeen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The small "CED" logo on the back cover on some RCA titles was printed "flipped" so that it still reads correctly, but looking at the details you can see that the "D" is backwards- I've noticed this on Pink Floyd At Pompeii and the RCA issue of "The Russians Are Coming".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: