CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just got my first SFT 100W ..where to start??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
L8gr8harry

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Just got my first SFT 100W ..where to start?? Reply with quote

After finally winning an auction, my new sft 100 w arrived today (serial # looks to be 149..). Now before jumping in just putting a movie on in there I thought I would post to the pro's and see what you all thought the big first few steps should be...the first one..yes it does power up. I've been reviewing a lot of the guides and a little pre-maintinence seams like a plan...Idea's??

Thanks
H
Rixrex

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other than making sure there is a stylus in the player, the only way to see if it's okay is to actually try it out. You don't have to connect to a TV for the initial test.

Once you power on and insert the disc, and you hear the disc spin up to speed, watch the LED display and see if it sets to a double-zero. If so, the player is reading the CED disc. Keep it playing for a few minutes and see if the display moves forward to 01 and then 02. This will be the minutes of play into the disc.

At this point you can take out the disc, connect to a TV via RF input and test it. The TV set has to be tuned to the correct analog channel to match the switch on the back of the player, either 3 or 4.

If all this is done correctly, and there are no problems, you should get picture and sound
L8gr8harry

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you much, i've now got the week end and a nice spot all cleaned out in the man cave for my player...right next to the fully functioning Commodore 64 from 1983 and the Atari 2600. i've taken the cover off, the belts look good (I'm ordering some anyway) and the stylus is intact. next step...showtime.

Thanks
Spiro

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

L8gr8harry wrote:
Thank you much, i've now got the week end and a nice spot all cleaned out in the man cave for my player...right next to the fully functioning Commodore 64 from 1983 and the Atari 2600. i've taken the cover off, the belts look good (I'm ordering some anyway) and the stylus is intact. next step...showtime.

Thanks

A C64 and an Atari 2600? A man after my own heart!
Is that 2600 perhaps of the 'heavy sixer' variety? Nothing quite like picking that beast up and seeing "manufactured in Sunnyvale, California" Very Happy

BTW, welcome to the forum!
L8gr8harry

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All cleaned and fired up, had my son sit down and watch metalstorm with me...he thinks I'm a riot...as long as I spend moms shoe money and not his college fund on discs and players I may be ok.
If you think the commodore and Atari are a hoot, I regularly have my son invite my nieces and nephews over for movie night. I get all the adults to help set up, I have a bell and Howell super 8 movie projector with a nice selection of reel movies. Some with sound some without, the max length is a 20 minute version of the creature from the black lagoon..
I also maintain a 8 and 16mm projector and a pretty decent record collection, I ain't giving up my vinyl. And now I have time CED...sweet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: