CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Been Ill

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Been Ill Reply with quote

Hello all. I feel like I haven't been here in a year!! I have checked in once in a while. I have had a stomach problem for 8 months, and my doctors have to date, be unable to find the problem. It is a strange problem, I can be going along in great shape, and BOOM! out of nowhere, I wake up to very bad abdomen pain, and some other strange symptoms. I have been in the hospital since September. The doctors removed my gall bladder, and 3 days later, the symptoms come right back. I got back last week from Cleveland Clinic in Ohio. I was there for 9 days. They did tons of tests, and I'm now playing the waiting game, Waiting for results from biopsies, test results, results on blood work. They think my problem isn't GI after all, but could be a rare blood disorder, if not that, then back to the drawing board. I just wanted to let all my buddies here know I haven't left, I'm trying my best to get to the bottom of the mystery. Prayers and good thoughts would be welcome!!! Take care everyone.
krbsforty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! That sounds scary. I hope you get better soon. The CED community needs members like you. I will be thinking of you while you improve. Best wishes!
blindfury420

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you feel better and they find out what the hell has been beating you up! I still have all those laser disc's for ya buddy!

McMicheal 5001h
Hitachi VIP202P
JCP 686-5705
RCA SKT265, SKT300
RCA SJT400X, SJT425
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, I have high hopes the doctors are one the right path to an answer for me. Not knowing is the hardest part. I should have some answers soon. My doctor did make a change in my main medicine. Since he has done that, I have felt much better since he did, we shall see.
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan, If memory (which is in question these days, I think I could hide my own Easter eggs!!!) if memory serves, I was going to send you a Realistic for parts. I still have it, and I have an SJT090 for parts too. I was thinking maybe I could bring them to you at the workshop this year? I talked to John, he is interested in having another one if 6 people are interested. I am hoping you are planning to come?
blindfury420

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, we can still trade or you can just get the laserdisc's. Pick which ever you like! If he has a workshop this year I absolutely will go!

McMicheal 5001h
Hitachi VIP202P
JCP 686-5705
RCA SKT265, SKT300
RCA SJT400X, SJT425
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beetlescott wrote:
Ryan, If memory (which is in question these days, I think I could hide my own Easter eggs!!!) if memory serves, I was going to send you a Realistic for parts. I still have it, and I have an SJT090 for parts too. I was thinking maybe I could bring them to you at the workshop this year? I talked to John, he is interested in having another one if 6 people are interested. I am hoping you are planning to come?

where is the workshop usually located at?
blindfury420

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Close to Indianapolis!

McMicheal 5001h
Hitachi VIP202P
JCP 686-5705
RCA SKT265, SKT300
RCA SJT400X, SJT425
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blindfury420 wrote:
Close to Indianapolis!

dang thats like 800 miles from me Sad
blindfury420

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

300 miles from me! Last year I went a day early, brought my buddy and his girl, my girl was working Sad Got a hotel room, hit up 3-4 of the brew pubs around there the first night and the day we left haha! Great beer round those parts for sure! Great time at the workshop and I was lucky enough to meet Alex in person for the first time after talking, trading, and buying from him for so long!

McMicheal 5001h
Hitachi VIP202P
JCP 686-5705
RCA SKT265, SKT300
RCA SJT400X, SJT425
philburque46

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good friend of mine was suffering the same symptoms as you, and it was on a wing and a prayer that they ended up diagnosing it as Porphyria, a rare blood disease. I hope the doctors are able to figure your problems out as well man! I know we were all scared for my friend until they figured it out.
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philburque46 wrote:
A good friend of mine was suffering the same symptoms as you, and it was on a wing and a prayer that they ended up diagnosing it as Porphyria, a rare blood disease. I hope the doctors are able to figure your problems out as well man! I know we were all scared for my friend until they figured it out.

Oh Man! This is so weird! Acute Intermittnet Porphyria Is indeed extremely rare. That is what I am being tested for!! The Cleveland Clinic tested me for it, i'm waiting for the results any day. The first time, in Jan, I tested positive for it in three different areas but I was in the hospital and he thought I should be tested a second time. How is your friend doing? I know the disease isn't curable, but it is treatable.
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blindfury420 wrote:
Yep, we can still trade or you can just get the laserdisc's. Pick which ever you like! If he has a workshop this year I absolutely will go!

Ryan, i'll bring both the players to the workshop. They are yours, you can bring the laser discs too. If I have them already I have a buddy who collects them too. I'm really not into laser discs that much, but my wife likes them! Go figure.
I talked to John several weeks ago, he said if there were 6 people interested, he would have it again. If you don't care, shoot him an email and let him know you are interested too. I was suppose to be there last year, and because of this same abdominal problem, I didn't get to come. Alex had brought me a bunch of CEDs I bought from him and was going to get them and save on the shipping. He was such a nice guy. I'm looking for a player like the one Derek bought (the guy from the Facebook page) Do you have one for sale?
blindfury420

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have already talked to John and let him know I would like to go! So I will bring everything there for ya! We were all bummed you couldn't make it to the last one Sad Wish you could have met Alex in person, just a good ole guy, who was beyond nice to everyone! Scott I wish you'd had told me you wanted one of these players months ago Sad I sold the two I was selling on ebay and kept one for me! If I ever get another one or one in a box for myself you will be first to know that I have a vp100 for sale! I know Derrek too, he's the vacuum guy and he was also at the first workshop!

McMicheal 5001h
Hitachi VIP202P
JCP 686-5705
RCA SKT265, SKT300
RCA SJT400X, SJT425
SelectaVision420

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn all this talk about it now i really want to go but i doubt i can afford the trip there and back Sad
blindfury420

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about a train or bus? I don't know prices so I really have no clue! just a thought.

McMicheal 5001h
Hitachi VIP202P
JCP 686-5705
RCA SKT265, SKT300
RCA SJT400X, SJT425
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone ever heard about the Mega Bus? My wife told me about her aunt going from Knoxville, TN to Atlanta, Ga for 12 bucks? It is called Mega Bus. If I were to say want to take the Mega Bus from Louisville, KY to Indianapolis, Ind, I just looked it up and it is 22 bucks!! At first I thought she was just putting me on. But, if money or worrying a car might not make it was an issue, that would be the perfect way to travel. I mean an 8 hour trip would prolly be less than 50 bucks. I can barely fill my VW bug up for that.
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blindfury420 wrote:
I have already talked to John and let him know I would like to go! So I will bring everything there for ya! We were all bummed you couldn't make it to the last one Sad Wish you could have met Alex in person, just a good ole guy, who was beyond nice to everyone! Scott I wish you'd had told me you wanted one of these players months ago Sad I sold the two I was selling on ebay and kept one for me! If I ever get another one or one in a box for myself you will be first to know that I have a vp100 for sale! I know Derrek too, he's the vacuum guy and he was also at the first workshop!

Ryan, I just saw this player when Derek posted a pic of it on FB, I thought it was the coolest looking player. I'm not in a hurry, if you find one and you want to sell yours, i'll take it. (if I can afford it! lol) I still can't believe how clean my SJT200 is, it is one of my favorite players. I still haven't got my SFT100 repaired yet. It is also one of my favorites. LOL I have soooo many favorites.
Anyway, I was bummed out that I didn't get to come last year either. I was so looking forward to seeing you and the others and meeting Alex. Maybe it will all come together this year. And save an ice cold Bud Lite for me!
Gunner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: speedy recovery Reply with quote

Hope you are on the mend soon Beetlesoft

respect

Gunner
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Gunner!
philburque46

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beetlescott wrote:
philburque46 wrote:

Oh Man! This is so weird! Acute Intermittnet Porphyria Is indeed extremely rare. That is what I am being tested for!! The Cleveland Clinic tested me for it, i'm waiting for the results any day. The first time, in Jan, I tested positive for it in three different areas but I was in the hospital and he thought I should be tested a second time. How is your friend doing? I know the disease isn't curable, but it is treatable.

My friend is doing a lot better now that they figured out exactly what it is, and have him on the right meds. And like you, he went all over the country and even clinics in foreign countries before they figured it out.

I guess Porphyria is hereditary, and can be passed down through generations, and as odd and untrue as this is going to sound, he is pretty sure he can trace it back to King George III of England. He is the one who was "Mad", as in The Madness of King George, and they believe it was caused as a side effect of his Porphyria. Since my friend is a distant relative to the royal family (like his great great great Grandmother was one of Queen Victoria's kids I think), they figure that is the connection.

Best of luck with your results man!
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philburque46 wrote:
Beetlescott wrote:
philburque46 wrote:

My friend is doing a lot better now that they figured out exactly what it is, and have him on the right meds. And like you, he went all over the country and even clinics in foreign countries before they figured it out.

I guess Porphyria is hereditary, and can be passed down through generations, and as odd and untrue as this is going to sound, he is pretty sure he can trace it back to King George III of England. He is the one who was "Mad", as in The Madness of King George, and they believe it was caused as a side effect of his Porphyria. Since my friend is a distant relative to the royal family (like his great great great Grandmother was one of Queen Victoria's kids I think), they figure that is the connection.

Best of luck with your results man!

Thank you, I think I would be happy if they could just give me some kind of diagnosis! I did read it was hereditary. It would indeed explain a few things. Deep Vein Thrombosis & Pulmonary Embolisms (both legs and both lungs) in 2006, they were never able to diagnose what caused them, and they can't figure out why it didn't kill me. I had a blood clot called a "saddle emboli" which is a clot so big, it draped over into both lungs. So many blood issues this would certainly explain. I don't mean to sound like someone who "WANTS" to have a rare, incurable blood disorder, but I just want to know what the heck is going on so we can treat it and get on with my life. It is so strange that I would post my symptoms here and someone would come up with the same idea as we have been thinking about. My Hematologist who is testing me said half the E.R. doctors wouldn't know what it was, Thanks again!!!!
philburque46

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to PM you, but it has been disabled apparently, so I figured I'd ask - Did they end up getting a diagnosis for you? I hope so man, cause I know from my friends experience how much it can suck just not knowing.

Hoping for the best,

Alex
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="philburque46"]I was going to PM you, but it has been disabled apparently, so I figured I'd ask - Did they end up getting a diagnosis for you? I hope so man, cause I know from my friends experience how much it can suck just not knowing.

Hoping for the best,

Alex[/quote

I got the results back from 6 different types of Porphyria. I don't have any type of it. I feel like we are spinning out wheels here, we can't plan a vacation, or even a trip home, because of this illness. I saw a neurologist yesterday, and she said she had never seen or heard of any thing like my case. You are right, it is so frustrating. Monday and Tuesday I was down, but not as bad as I have been. This morning I woke up so sick. The neurologist gave me some samples of Cymbalta, she said evn though it is used for antidepressant, it was also used for nerve pain. I took one in desperation this morning. My wife left for work, and the pain in my abdomen was so bad, I turned over in my bed and couldn't find a position to get rid of the pain. As quickly as it came, it suddenly went away, and that has NEVER happened. Perhaps I have found a medicine that can treat this insidious illness. Not knowing is a pain. Thanks for asking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: