CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion
Forum topics can be anything related to SelectaVision CED's, and could include offers to buy/sell/trade, repair advice, historical anecdotes, caches of CED's you've discovered, etc.

Click on the Register link to join.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sgt200 help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
5150kn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: sgt200 help Reply with quote

Hi all from me Chris in Australia. This is my first post. I just bought an RCA SGT200 on ebay. Im happy that it arrived just the other day. Now heres my 2 problems. The first being that my movie wont go in all the way. when you insert the disc it stops half way. ive opened it up and had a closer look and managed to get the disc in. i think theres an issue with the loading mechanism. anyway my second problem is that after i managed to get the disc in i then turn the unit on the play mode the disc spins as it shoud i hope lol but i get no pic and sound. I require as much help as possible as ive never dealt with a ced machine. all help would be greatly appreciated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsuWWlnx-Us

http://postimage.org/image/hvs8bik3f
Beetlescott

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey welcome to CEDmagic!!!! It's great to have you. Have you checked the stylus in your player? That is the most obvious place to start. I have this player too,and once you gewt it going, you will be happy with it. it is the first(, or at least one of the first) stereo players It has the sweet sound when hooked to a simple stereo. Check your stylus, make sure there is a stylus, the then someone here (blind fury) will be able to help you further. Good Luck!!!!
5150kn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do i check the stylus. sorry for silly questions as ive never dealt with a ced player before. and how about the caddy not going in all the way. check my pic and vid from first post.
blindfury420

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you need to know how to take the stylus out? Or are you trying to look at it yourself? I don't suggest the latter as it's delicate and you need a microscope to really check it.

First thing you have to do is have a confirmed working stylus cleaned, repaired, or rebuilt by the cedatum team at www.cedatum.com

If it still doesn't work after you have a confirmed working stylus, you can then start to narrow down or or test things to figure out if you have an electronic or mechanical problem. Many can and will help you with that after you have tried the working stylus!

As for the disc not being able to enter fully, you have to take top off and see, is it the turntable stopping the disc or the cam on the stylus arm? It is usually (not always, just what I check first if disc wont load and can see its not the tt) a black plastic half circle cam on the stylus arm that uses the disc to push the stylus arm to its original starting spot. It has a bolt like metal rod attached to it that travels down and hits an adjustment screw at the rear of the player. If the stylus arm is to far out, or put in the player incorrectly and the screw is not adjusted correctly the half circle cam will not release as it cant hit the screw in rear of player to allow full insertion of the caddy. Sometimes you can adjust the screw, and sometimes you'll have to reset the stylus arm by taking it out and setting it in to hit the screw correctly.

McMicheal 5001h
Hitachi VIP202P
JCP 686-5705
RCA SKT265, SKT300
RCA SJT400X, SJT425

Last edited by blindfury420 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
5150kn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was extremely helpful thankyou. as for the stylus i live in australia, do they deal with o'seas customers. would they make me pay shipping twice etc..?
blindfury420

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5150kn wrote:
that was extremely helpful thankyou. as for the stylus i live in australia, do they deal with o'seas customers. would they make me pay shipping twice etc..?

They do deal with people overseas! They will look at and diagnose your stylus' condition and clean it for free. They only charge you if it needs a repair or rebuild. I want to say a full rebuild is only $34 u.s. but you will have to ask them for exact pricing. You will have to pay shipping there and back but the stylus can be packed safely and very light.

McMicheal 5001h
Hitachi VIP202P
JCP 686-5705
RCA SKT265, SKT300
RCA SJT400X, SJT425
5150kn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

once again thankyou for help. i will be asking further questions if need be.
Rixrex

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another problem you may have is that the SGT models need a 60 cycle AC power supply at 110-120 volts.

If you have a voltage converter, taking your 220V to 110V but leaving it at 50 cycles, that's only half the requirement. The SGT players will not run properly on 50 cycles, and you will get no picture nor sound. They basically are running at 83% of proper speed since the motor uses the 60 cycle pulse for maintaining correct speed or RPMs. 50 cycles is 83% of 60, so your RPMs would be 373.5 and not 450, not a good thing.

The only players that can run on either 50 or 60 cycles are the SJT and SKT players, which still would need 110 volts.

You may find that you need to exchange that player for an SJT/SKT model.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CED VideoDisc and Player Discussion Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: